|
Bits and pieces
posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020
Just some updates, I guess. Work is...still uninspiring I guess. Actually to be honest I think it’s just a bad headspace which I planted myself in. Like there are many times I take one step back and look at things and conclude - this is no biggie. Well within my capabilities so I don’t know what I am whining about, and I would feel much better after that. But to constantly find myself having to remind myself about it is tiring, I guess. I wonder how much of it has to do with this whole COVID and WFH situation. Would it have been better if everything else was as per normal, i.e. working in office, getting to vacation once in a while? I think from a work perspective it might actually help - having that freedom to pop by boss’ office to check for quick directions/discussions, or quick checks with colleague on processes, even access to history/background. I say that specifically from an angle of a new hire/transfer, because it’s hard to learn when you are on your own most of the time. I definitely didn’t have issues WFH when I was back in my previous division, because I knew what I was doing most of the time. On WFH, also belatedly realize that one of the side effects of it is that your home becomes your office - and traditionally, after 5 days at work I just want to curl up at home after work and during weekends. So now that home becomes office, I should try to get away from office which means to head out at regular intervals! Change of environment, if that makes sense. Vacation and breaks - would it be better if I had my break before the transfer? Now I would never know for sure, but I guess not considering the issues I am facing. Would it have been better if I can have regular breaks? Frankly there’s nothing stopping me from doing that, it’s just that I just can’t help saving my leave for when I can use them - man I am so taking a long(er) break at home. So I am reluctant to use it for a break where I am still stuck in SG like any regular weekend which probably doesn’t help matters when it comes to relaxing and refreshing. Only helps because there will actually be something to look forward to. So that’s what I have been trying to do now - creating things to look forward to. It’s totally out of character for me to be initiating meet ups with people so that’s when you know things are bad hahah. Couple of weeks back initiated a catch up session with the Tiffin ppl and though organizing it is a pain but the catch up was great. Catching up with the BFF gang virtually, also initiated by moi. Planning to initiate a couple more next month. Staycations are all the rage now too and there’s no short of promotions, so that’s what I plan to line up in Oct - nothing too near to each other coz there are already things to look forward to in September such as the few days of half day leave I am taking - so Oct it is. There’s this awkwardness of doing it alone but I guess who cares. Question now is where, but also there’s a part of me that wonders if I should wait a bit and see if Brunei actually opens up so that I can go home and in that case I’ll just postpone staycation. I was really excited about the news of SG opening up to general travel to Brunei and NZ. Not so much about NZ because that wasn’t really on my travel radar. But Brunei - good job guys, this made perfect sense because the numbers there have stayed negligible for a while now. Out of the countries they could have chosen, they went for Brunei up first yay. Though we still need Brunei to reciprocate and I am praying really hard now - KH warned me to not get my hopes up too high but I couldn’t help it. This is the closest I have been to home in a while and with all the uncertainties, you never know if the borders will close again so better take any chance that comes up. What else is happening? For one, skin issues - well, got that under control. Last visit to doctor last month, progress was good enough that he agreed for me try stopping phototherapy. And I retained my oral medicine dosage, but reduced frequency of taking it. We shall see if there are any adverse impact - fingers crossed there’s none. Exercising regime is still ongoing though I think I am more likely to skip sessions once or twice a week now - I think weight wise I am where I want to be now (if I lose some more it wouldn’t look healthy already) and I am starting to progress towards strength training now. Aim is to be able to finally do a pull up (which, I discovered to my dismay few weeks ago, that I still can’t do one). There’s other things occupying my time too - life changing ones - that deserves a full post on its own, maybe when it is finalized. |