The City That Never Sleeps




Work milestones

posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015
The last time I actually said something about work is when I was still juggling three roles at the same time - acting DyM, engineer and RTC secretary all at once.

Looking back I had no idea how I managed to do that. Let go of RTC in June, then less than a month later a new engineer joined and essentially took over my engineering duties - she was fresh and needed lots of guidance and training but I suppose it's another heavy load off my shoulders. Also felt much more at ease with leading the others with more time to focus on them.

News of re-org has been spreading for a while though to be really honest I wasn't really paying much attention to it because I knew the acting role didn't come with a definite timeline. If the change of title happens - well, life goes on in terms of work coz I have been doing DyM work for a while so there isn't really a change in job scope. Just that there's a tiny bit of me which is resisting and fearing an official move to higher responsibilities and management role. It's almost like the butterflies I used to get when I move up levels in school, like between primary school and secondary school. I can't really explain it well in words.

And when the email came - I think I was more interested in other movements rather than my own. Nobody made a big fuss out of it either coz like I said, life goes on in terms of work - no change other than formalizing. Deep inside I really don't know what to feel which is really weird...I should rejoice, because it's a promotion after all. There's another part of me that goes, right, so I will be stuck for a few more years. And there's another egoistic part of me that was like, hmm, maybe I will get a little bit more respect now that it is formalized? Hahahah. 

Yep. Back to the point on being curious about other movements..coz there were lots of speculations on new manager, movement of teams amongst managers, splitting of teams and so on. Many versions of re-org too. The final version..let's just say, not everybody is happy with it but I am pretty happy to keep my Manager. And secretly happy for some others who get to keep THEIR manager, too.

So that's it! Officially begun on a new chapter in work life. At least now my staff can formally introduce me as their boss and when I fight cases for them, it's more legit. 

All those thoughts about changes I had towards the end of last year...well, they are now resting somewhere deep inside my brain/heart. No doubt they will resurface one day, but now I suppose I can only focus on my role.

Yep, definitely much more at ease with it.

Labels: , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older