The City That Never Sleeps




Starting afresh

posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013
For the nth time...

To be honest there are two posts sitting under the "draft" pool waiting to be posted...ahaha wrote something but always never got to finish and by the time I went back to have a look I dun exactly remember what I want to write => pretty lame to post it => left it there unattended.

So let's just wipe them away and start afresh okay.

So let's begin with something more recent...though in fact it feels like ages ago. Forced out a week of leave to go home! Have not been at home for 9 months (8 months of work + 1 month of travelling and pre-work) which happens to be my longest stretch yet. Though I met my parents once every two months since then (which wasnt very usual either - they just happened to be travelling for various reasons and drop by SG on transit, and during CNY we all went to Bangkok). But home is home mah...and I do felt like I needed a break.

In the end got really excited the week before my trip but also inwardly wondering if it is the correct timing or not coz all of a sudden work piles up that week. Shall aim November or December next time, workload is seriously a lot less. All added to the fact that my TO was freaking out a bit the week before my trip, and word has it (and judging by her SOS Whatsapp messages when I was at home) that she freaked out. She doesnt have confidence in what she was doing at all which resulted in very low productivity...so two weeks after I am back at work she is still clearing backlogs which came back to bite me too. Sigh....I don't suppose I get to have long leave in the near future....still harboring hopes for October though, 7 months to go and probably wiser by then?

But home was great. Stuffed myself silly (and being stuffed silly) with home cooked food + outside food that I typically enjoy (missed out on Pasar Gadong though! :( ). Dieting program? Penalty? What's that? Hahahaha. Though there is always the issue of multiple remedies and whatnots to attempt to cure that p-condition I have which always gets on my nerves in the end no matter how many times I reminded myself not to lose it beforehand. Sigh. But all in all, felt rested, but also overpampered that it took me quite a while to get back into a groove in terms of work.

Work is still..never ending? Just saying, seriously didnt expect it to end...have kind of come to terms with it already though I am still hating unappreciative, self-centered, rude, i-pay-tax-so-you-must-listen-to-my-command kind of people. 8 and a half months into the job and I still find myself learning things..which goes on to say how many things there are to learn here. I still don't think I enjoy my work thoroughly - like I said there are bad days where my mood is severely influenced by people - but the rest have been mostly okay. Yep, considering how some of the newer staff were constantly complaining of how much shit they (we) are involved in, complaining about weak management etc, I am really easy to please. Though I don't know if I will be in this for very long....

On a side note..booked for a short getaway to Ho Chi Minh in May. Not feeling too excited about it coz HCM was never a holiday destination I had in my mind but hey, worth a try! Though not that enthu on info hunting yet..just want to nua and rest everytime I have time - weekends, etc.

Okay so that was an update...see if I can post up anything soon. :)

Labels: , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older