|
Holidays
posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011
Havent even posted anything since, uh, before i ended exams.
So for the sake of wrapping things up...traffic flow paper didnt turn out too bad. At least from my point of view, got everything done, wasnt completely sure about half of the paper but my two other batchmates didnt have much clue either so we just shrugged it off together. How convenient =.= Oh well at least that wraps up Sem 7..FYP excluded. Went for the Titanic artifacts exhibition the next day, costs $20 and I think its pretty interesting..even rewatched Titanic beforehand to get a feel of it before entering the exhibition..exhibition covers everything from construction process and ended with the knowledge that the remains of the ship will vanish in another 40 years or so as the metal is being eaten up by bacteria. One of the main attractions, the recreated Grand Ballroom staircase..its a pity I didnt get to spend much time on it as there was a photographer stationed there, getting you to pose for a picture once you enter the place and asking you to leave immediately after =.= And another totally random one called "Singapore in 1912" (when Titanic sank) showing pictures of some local streets and a couple of newspaper clippings...but everything else was pretty ok...not eye opening, but enough to interest me. Found time to catch two movies..."一泡而紅" with Stel, by local star Michelle Chong in her first attempt at producing and directing (and starring in) a movie. Considering its her first attempt...I didnt reli mind the pacing problems (was a bit too draggy in the middle and the ending was a bit too skimpy), was rather funny too (though I really hate those people who laugh at nothing in particular) but I duno if I am an authentic enough Malaysian to comment on her mimicking of the Malaysian Chinese accent...sounds overdone to me. "那些年,我们一起追的女孩" is a movie I have been itching to watch simply because there are too many good reviews even from the ang moh pai people...and I went alone one fine night..really not bad..good mixture of humour and inspiring stuff, I guess it appeals to many people because it is something that they can relate to..and even set me spending some time thinking about stuff.. Even found time to volunteer for Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore this year, as a baggage crew at Harbour Front...a totally new and exhausting experience. In short we collect belongings of runners and transport them to the finishing line...about 20k of them doing the half marathon route and it is estimated that half of them have bags to deposit,and we ended up collecting only 3k + bags? Many people who are still in the queue for bag deposit half an hour after the race started were told to go home because they have missed the race..and there were some unpretty scenes...here's my take. Either come earlier (because we spent the first hour after the counter opened pretty much doing nothing because the arrival rate is so freaking low), or just dont bring a bag, or a small one to keep necessities like a change of clothes maybe. I have no idea why some of them have to bring such huge and bulky bags which took forever to pack..and imo the people packing in my team were kind of slow I guess. But still..coming early is the best solution. Also found it strange that the organizing team were not very familiar with manpower deployment, because we were told that we had to handle baggage claim at the finishing line too..and when we went back to the Padang there were another fresh team of volunteers waiting there. Turns out we dont have to do it anymore and they themselves were not very clear of our roles? Zzz. Not that I dont mind getting released at 830am instead of 130pm though... And didnt find time to go for the CVE4 chalet..although right until around 20 hours before I was planning to go..then had a traumatizing time at FYP meeting that totally demoralized me and made me really emo...completely my fault (because I didnt clarify enough and got blindly sent to the wrong track) and I suppose I didnt take it seriously enough...in the end rushed out some more things for him before going home..but I am pretty sure I would fear these weekly meetings more than ever from now on. As for now..holiday at home...internet connection at home has gotten worse each time I go home and I duno why...sometimes loading a normal page takes forever :S. Learning to accept the fact that holidays are not meant to be holidays for final years...and the feeling of not wanting to return to Sg is stronger than ever. Sigh. Labels: emo, FYP, holidays, outings, volunteering |