|
Home in September
posted : Saturday, September 23, 2023
Went home for a week in September.
Annoyed me to no end that I had to give PE a miss. What really did it for me was the fact that it literally happened less than 12 hours after I left the country.
Contemplated changing dates, half contemplated redeeming miles just for a day trip back but neither made sense. Not fated then. But otherwise, home trip was sort of underwhelming? Was looking forward to resting, sort out some work thoughts. Because ever since I got back to my division I felt like I wasn’t the same person. Missing a step here and there and getting roasted far too often for my liking. So I felt the need to pause, think through and organize. But in the end obligations took up far too much time. I forgot how intensive it can get. I envisioned pockets of free time to go cafe hop, run even, because I got back early enough. But as it turns out, I barely had time to meet the two BFFs, let alone me time. And before I knew it holidays are over. I did say last year that after that month long break, I think it will be hard to top that. How true that turned out to be. But it’s okay, it is what it is. Am still happy to be home, to see familiar faces, sights and sounds. Let’s hope the next trip yields more rest. |