The City That Never Sleeps




Back

posted : Friday, August 12, 2022
Two weeks since I’m back in SG (yes, I’m back). 

Couple of differences from the last time - first of all, wasn’t super emo about it. The excitement of starting a new job (sort of) kind of overpowers any lingering sadness from the end of my holidays. It’s weird, I didn’t see that coming at all, but not that I am complaining. And didn’t feel like my path back home will be blocked by anything now that boundaries are mostly open so maybe that helps. 

And secondly, the expected heavy workload hasn’t quite happen yet. I think the team is mostly still getting used to the fact that they now have a DyM that they haven’t been approaching much, so that means I do have a bit free time on hand. And my first impression (though touchwood) is that they have kind of played up their workload and this area size is now at most two thirds of what I used to handle, minus the R*G portfolio to boot so let’s just hope this means good things, at least for a couple of months until higher appointment hopefully happens and I get shouldered with more stuff. 

Although politics are more than what I remembered sheesh. Within the first hour I stepped into office I was already cornered by two separate groups who had been waiting for me to come back to complain to me about stuff. 

But overall, this reinforced the idea that I took my break at the perfect timing. The fact that I was able to slowly ease my way back to work life this time round, that is. Contrast to last year when I went from 0 to 100 pretty quickly because there’s tonnnes of work waiting for me to come back to attend to, and I crashed within a week lol - I remembered breaking down while doing dishes of all things hahaha (yea I can laugh now). 

So far I still feel refreshed, mentally at least (coz I don’t think I have been getting as much sleep as I wanted). I think that was especially pronounced on my first few days back at work because the energy shone through and everyone commented on it lol. And enjoying finding different groups to catch up over lunch on different days, because everybody now has a different WFO schedule and we’d have to coordinate a bit. There is however a bit of 人事已非 feeling though, because many of those I am closer with has left and I do have to watch what I am speaking quite often. 

Oh well. It’s not going to be all rosy anyway. Just gotta embrace it. 

Let’s see if the next update is going to be as positive. Hahaha.

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older