The City That Never Sleeps




Jovial June

posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2026
June update, and I still did sort of a double take when I realize that half a year has gone by. 

Kinda felt like the pace is a bit slower this month and I have no complaints about that. I obviously started the month on an overseas break and when I returned everybody else seemed to be taking turns to go on break too. And by everybody I meant boss and bigger boss so that explains why things slowed down a bit. 

Trip and reflections I have/will cover in separate posts as usual, then the other milestone of the month is of course turning 37, which meant catching up with the usual few small groups. Sort of glad to be remembered this year - presence over presents - and wishing for consistent health as I told everybody who cared to listen. 

But also not sure why it took me that long to remember how lucrative Kris+ can be during this period where there are upsizes and it’s basically free miles. And I think that line of thought sort of dominated the month - one that I busted a lot of my bonus caps and had to ration and plan a lot including for the months ahead because I have quite a bit of bookings to do for the rest of the year. Reminded me of the house renovation days where I meticulously planned my spendings to maximize my returns. Not sure if that is entirely healthy tbh but it was sort of fun I guess. 

So there’s a lot of letting go in terms of diet and helps that it coincides with bulking season. My weight was being an ass where it didn’t reduce when I needed it to and now it didn’t increase much when I wanted it to lol. Clean bulking is the struggle though, I think it was decent effort on my end but I probably still need to cut back on sugar by a lot if I wanted the phase to be fruitful. What I did enjoy is the significantly higher energy levels during training, when finally start hitting new PBs in most exercises after a few months of stagnation. Shoulder is not getting any better though, I was hoping two weeks of break from exercise would allow it some time to heal completely but reality is I felt that it has now gone back to about 80%? From 90%. I guess the exercises weren’t really affecting it if I don’t feel it too much during the exercises, so I am perplexed as to why it isn’t healing. Something to report back the next month, I guess. 

Hmm yeah…till next month, I guess.

Happy birthday you.


Labels:

| 0 comments

‹Older