|
Festive February
posted : Sunday, March 01, 2026
February is of course dominated by annual CNY getaway. Understandable, considering there’s 28 days and I am away for more than one third of it.
Which also means I cheated on my diet for almost the entire month because I sort of let loose over the entire CNY period oops. But what I thought was sort of amazing was that the damage is similar to the trip the month prior, considering it was triple the length and very consistent daily high calories. So I figured your body adjusts after a few days and plateaus, rather than just adding 1 or 2 kgs a day or something.
CNY for me is mostly a form of 仪式感 - there are certain things I need to do every year before flying off, the Bangkok trip which on its own has very standard agendas, and the same few people I ended up catching up with. This year was no different but I did mention a few years back (or was it every year) that with each passing year and reduction in mobility (of my parents) there’s slight changes every year. This year was mostly spent indoors, my dad drank lots of coffee and hot chocolate as usual, we Grabbed everywhere (and stopped paying attention to the prices), paid even fewer visits to temple, and I think we indulged in better food places more often. For me one of the main highlights came very early on in the trip when dad went “Wah!” when I opened the door to our hotel room. Lol it’s a slight step up from our usual price ranges and it’s fairly new and modern and chic, and he liked it. We all do, but it’s rare for him to express it so that’s a win in my books. I did get sick of watching arguments take place over minute things though, and i still get affected by it very easily as compared to the sister who is now numb. Regrettably it boiled over on my last night at home, so it was kind of a sour end to the trip. But CNY is CNY, home trip is home trip, it still was a good time overall and this time round I did come back to SG in one piece so I guess all’s good. And speaking of which I went for what was supposed to be one final check at the hospital the morning after coming back to SG - and was greeted by validation of a clean bill of health. Everything is perfectly within normal range now and I was beaming from ear to ear by the time doctor was ready to see me. So that paid consultation was more of a chit chat session with minimal snippets of advice, and I even forgot to ask if it’s an opportune time for me to take the vaccine already. Oh well at least insurance paid for that session. But can’t be more glad to move on. Back at work, boss came back on the first day of the month and relieved us of all covering duties. And he was looking rather fresh though that freshness didn’t last too long oops - I came back from my break and he was already looking sian again. But again because of short month and my break - there’s very little to say about work in general. Next month will be blockbuster though - hopefully not for wrong reasons.
Technically this happened in March but since we are talking about CNY here - hosted a gathering for the first time in a while. Granted it was only for a group of 4 in the end but it got me slightly stressed getting the house into a suitable state, which included a pre-CNY spring cleaning which I had wanted to do for a while. But 一分钱一分货la because while this team I found on Carousell was reasonably priced…my chairs weren’t still wasn’t very clean in the end and the stains showed up once dried. Not sure if they tried their hardest already, oh well. Got a pencai and I quite liked it, even though there was a bit of stress cooking it through the claypot. I guess I am a bit sorry to see February end because CNY has traditionally been my favourite holiday. Grounded and not flying in March and maybe it’s good time to get some progress in terms of fitness, but well you never know heh heh. Bangkok trip was a mixed bag in the end This guy acting all cute in front of everybody. Labels: updates |