|
Shanghai 2025: Solo ending
posted : Thursday, September 18, 2025
Final day!
Flight is in the evening so I still have a sort of full day, while KH’s flight is early afternoon so we agreed to go our separate ways after breakfast lol. More specifically, he stayed in the hotel and worked till check out time while I headed off for my day’s adventure. Squeezed in a gym session….not. Would have been a nice place to workout though Brunch took me to this highly rated place which I’ve been trying to work in when KH was still around but we couldn’t find time, so he no 口福 because it was another one of those that I’ll remember for a while. Easily the best xiaolongbao I had this trip and I’ve had quite a few haha. Talk about saving the best for the last. Had the entire basket to myself coz solo. Crab roe xiaolongbao was awesome. The chicken cutlet was another signature but it was not mind blowing la. 莱莱小笼 Random store opposite the xlb place and I went for another 米麻薯drink and it’s quite solid too In the vicinity so hung out around the 南京路 area trying to buy some last minute food souvenirs, then headed off to 武康路 for a revisit because I felt that I didn’t do it justice the last time round! Though of course agenda is just to hang out at a cafe and watch time pass. Contemplated a trip to 新天地 too but got scarred by the traffic jam the other day and I have much more to lose today if I get stuck in a jam (since I’ve a flight to catch) so decided against it in the end. Yep drizzling This has been piquing my interest for days and I bought one. I didn’t eat it till I reach Sg though heh. It’s like a very savory taosapiah with meat fillings, I don’t know enough to tell if this is a good one (or if it is supposed to taste this way) but it’s not bad. Strolling along 南京路 One of the cafes on my list. This cup is cute. The drink is okay (another Viennese coffee) Rain stopped of course when we are leaving In the end I did leave a bit earlier just in case, possibly also affected by KH who was detailing his close shave (by his standards, which weren’t very high to begin with), and got to airport well ahead of time. And my flight got delayed in the end too so I had more time to kill in the airport than I planned. Departure hall KFC in an overseas destination is kinda my thing. Managed to tapao some on my way to airport and proceed to squat down somewhere to eat lol (because there aren’t empty seats in the departure hall) Finally succumbed to one just before I left the borders lol. 桂馥兰香 is a pretty name J class card stock There’s no SilverKris Lounge in SH, so business class passengers had a choice of AirChina or ChinaEastern business lounge to choose from, reviews were a bit mixed for both (one supposedly had better food and one is quieter). I decided for the better food option and the gamble paid off because it happened to be quiet too (maybe off peak), score. Dining area Featuring a noodle bar and guess my choice. There’s a light selection of hot and cold food too. Bye SH, I’ll be back to see this skyline again Flight home of course was a very comfortable flight again, probably the only time I walked out of a business class flight without any goodies (didn’t ask for a bear because I alr had spare to give out, and there’s no amenity kit either coz of the less than 6 hour duration), I thought about getting a second dessert as the trolley passed by (and FA also asked me twice, you sure you don’t want anything?) and I turned it down coz I was kinda full (but looking back I think I could have asked them to save one for me as a mid flight snack/supper later on lol). Seat for the night Bellini to start Yes to satay! Wasn’t served on my flight here coz it was breakfast then Went for the special 十全味美 menu. Figured it’s a good time try since this is unique to chinese flights. This was quite an interesting starter - chili prawn and smoked chicken with kailan zucchini roll, with sugar glazed cherry tomatoes Braised pork belly with bamboo shoots, served with pumpkin rice and stir fried baby bakchoy Dessert was a very good chilled carrot and golden fungus soup with osmanthus flower So that concludes a maiden mainland China trip! I mentioned that I did like the city a lot more than what I thought I would, so that was a pleasant surprise. At the point of writing a second trip is already in the works and it remains to be seen if it materialises or not because the effort seemed to be more than what I expected. But this was a good introductory trip, lesser known or traveled cities will be a bigger issue but I guess I’m not planning for those in a while so yep. Ok I’m done writing for a while. Hahah. Too many posts waiting to be pushed out! |