The City That Never Sleeps




Shanghai 2025: Magic in the rain

posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2025
Day 5, Disneyland! 

Again one of those things which wasn’t initially in my itinerary, because growing up I just wasn’t a very Disney person (my parents know nothing about Disney and our household only watch TVB growing up) so no it was never part of my childhood to be nostalgic about. And just purely from an amusement park perspective I also thought Disneyland is so much milder as compared to say Universal Studios. But KH specifically requested for this so yes let’s do this. 

Wasn’t raining when we woke up and as we had breakfast the sun even broke through for a bit. But weather gods be like “just kidding” and it proceeded to rain/drizzle/stop/repeat for the rest of the day oh well. 

I actually thought there was literally a ray of hope 

Oh free breakfast courtesy of yesterday’s stuck in toilet episode 

This lift is quite nice actually. I always liked these street plan patterns

Didi-ed to the resort, we weren’t the earliest but the queue was moving fast and efficient so we were inside in no time. And actually pics to tell the story for the rest of the day because there wasn’t any particular parts that needed major elaboration haha. 

Dark clouds looming

It’s apparently Donald’s birthday too

MY birthday. If it’s your birthday month you get to collect this from customers service, I was expecting to get deals throughout the park but no it’s jus random staff spotting your badge and wishing you happy birthday hahah but it kinda made my day because I kept forgetting I had the badge on and jumped a bit when staff wished me

Iconic Mickey, photo app cleaned up the crowd in front heh

Iconic castle, don’t ask me whose

Sort of the only exciting ride of the day. 

Came out from the Tron ride and it’s already drizzling and raining 

Took shelter at a restaurant and idk which meal this is coz boss Su gets hungry at odd hours and timings and it must be dealt with immediately. The porcetta is not bad though

Off to Zootopia. I was about to say this is my first amusement park in the rain but i remembered 九族文化村 circa 2012

I actually never watched zootopia but sounds like an interesting one

Shakira

I quite like the animal signs here though lol 职业病

Pirates 

Pirate Stitch, contemplated for a while but finally bought this over regular Stitch

We caved in and bought poncho for this ride and for the rest of the day too. By cash only and I highly suspect it goes into staff’s pocket. 

Parade in the rain too. Or drizzle. 

Watched a show. Sometimes it’s disconcerting to hear all the character names in Chinese. 

Entered the castle! Still don’t know whose but there’s a collection of stories inside too

One thing I was telling ppl is how the lack of focus on traditional characters like Mickey - barely saw any Mickey ears around. But a lot of Linabell and I was like who the f is Linabell

Illumination at night, we didn’t stay for fireworks coz it’s too late like 9+

Couldn’t find the e-hailing pickup point so we ended up taking regular cab which wasn’t too expensive to our dinner/supper spot, which apparently KH was in absolute discomfort throughout and very very done with his wet shoes (and socks) so he promptly went to a convenience store nearby after alighting to buy a temporary pair of slippers. Oddly I didn’t have that problem and my socks aren’t even very wet lol. 

But in other news dinner was okay, wasn’t mind blowing, and post dinner we made a trip back to Hyatt because some of Stel’s taobao parcels came late and they weren’t able to change the delivery point at that time, before calling it a day.

生煎包

葱油拌面 was not bad

Aside from free breakfast we also extorted a birthday cake lol which I really thought was unnecessary at this point coz we can’t stomach it (we still did in the end) but boss Su is someone who wants 仪式感

Labels: , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older