|
Korea 2025: A day at the beach…area
posted : Sunday, July 06, 2025
Beach day at Busan, kinda.
Agenda of the day was Haeundae, which is pretty for from Busan station area where I was staying. It was also where we stayed the last time round though with our tight schedule we were off exploring other areas instead (Nampodong for instance) so we didn’t spend much time here, didn’t even make it to the beach lol. Though there was still awesome pork soup which we went which I absolutely don’t remember which one so oh well. But first, woke up feeling less than 100% again and was wondering if the cold got to me after all, though as the day goes on it hasn’t manifested into something sinister but it was just this uncomfortable feeling that lingers. So i kind of started the day late again, initially was thinking of squeezing in this river which was a good cherry blossom viewing spot but I would need detour from Haeundae a bit and I was kinda lazy to do it. But I did plan to start my day with a cafe stop again, saw this cafe street appearing on my Naver map the night before when I was at Seomyeon and thought I would check it out. Unfortunately again everything opens late and I kinda didn’t want to get to Haeundae too late, so I was contemplating giving it all up when I finally found one that was open (in fact it was open 24/7) and it had this really nice industrial meet heritage vibe to it so in I go. They really name this place as a cafe street officially so I had high hopes. Picked up a simple salt bread and my new found interest in strawberry latte. Place is called Vintage 38, and of course the deco is themed accordingly Out from the metro station and straight on to this nice boulevard leading towards the beach Haeundae Beach was really windy Nobody really hanging around, just fully clothed and looking around I do remember being here the last time round, but it was rather late at night and most stalls were closed, and it was dead quiet. Rather similar this time round just that it’s too early for shops to open. Contemplated sitting down for a meal but decided not to in the end This sad looking fish cake from fish cake specialty store as my sustenance then. Hahah probably should have bought more. Hung out around the area for food souvenirs, since my only real agenda for the day was the capsule train which is closer to sunset. This was viral apparently. But because they are freshly baked I have some concerns if they can last all the way back to Sg. Heading off to the Mipo area and passing by this street where flowers were in full bloom so had to stop More cherry blossoms Looking out the sea Designated lunch place was closing for an afternoon break so decided to have tea first. Another einspanner which was good as usual, but the cake wasn’t memorable Surprised I managed to snag a walk in seat though it was sort of the last one. This place is really famous. Pop out to check out this part of the beach and woah I was literally almost blown away Busan X The Sky. Didn’t cross my mind to go up to the observatory, a bit uninterested wow. Off for a meal. Abalone porridge is a must in Busan too given its sea port status. Quite like this one too. Off to the Sky capsule terminal at Mipo. You can choose to start from either end, but this being the more popular one because its track is closer to the sea, not that it really matters much I managed to buy the sunset timings and was blessed with good weather too so all there’s to do is to wait. Meanwhile went to the boardwalk for a stroll Capsules and sea Sights along the way There’s this lookout point that I was going to head out to but saw a windswept lady in the distance and decided not to. Back to the terminal and boarded my capsule. Sadly it’s the same price whether you have one person or two, so just have to 包场 En route to Cheongsapo Sunset view Shall not bother with too many pics but here’s one when we are reaching Cheongsapo Then took the train back to Mipo, which is basically the same route The beach train About to head off but passed by this new branch of the famous Jayeondo Salt Bread from Seoul and there’s no queue so wanted to buy. Problem is they only sell in packs of 4 and that’s a bit too much for me. But I didn’t want to give up…thought I’d hang around and observe if there’s anybody in the same predicament. And I found one! This (Chinese?) couple wanted to buy 6 (oddly specific) so I shared their second bag with them. Hahahaha I was totally proud of this E moment. Back to Haeundae market and queuing for this famous hotteok stall, whose honey and cheese versions are only offered in the evening. It was worthy of its fame alright. Sights at the market, again didn’t buy anything except a thirst quencher and headed back |