|
HK 2024: Foggy
posted : Friday, July 05, 2024
Day 4, last full day in HK.
Designated day to venture away from town center a bit, was contemplating a Macau trip to be honest but don’t know what I can do there plus I think I still have quite a bit left on my list. So I sort of ended up overeating a bit heh. But back to the topic, eventually decided on a trip to Ngong Ping. Which of course wasn’t a great idea considering the weather so I don’t know why I was holding out hope at all lol. Ah well it is what it is.
Started the day with another attempt at Australian Dairy Company. Considering my schedule for the rest of the day I started really early, like I reached there at 8 so there wasn’t a queue! But that didn’t stop the staff from being impatient (I guess it’s really just DNA ingrained in them) and intimidating so I got on uncle’s shitlist for not articulating what I wanted properly - didn’t want the set coz it came with macaroni soup which honestly I am not a big fan of, but uncle assumed I ordered the set and very efficiently brought it over and I said no, he clarified, muttered under his breath and walked off. Everybody understands it as part of their culture and it’s all fun and games until you end up on the wrong side sigh. I guess I am not affected but I guess I won’t be returning even if I come back to HK, coz honestly I think the food is ok ok only. 燉奶is a bit sweet for me. And the scrambled eggs which usually comes in a set. But a bit stressed so didn’t take a proper pic hahah 搭台 No queue, maybe still early Waiting Early stages of the ride, views still ok. I didn’t realize it was a half an hour ride, and it didn’t feel like one actually Glass floor! Progressively bad No view lol Ngong Ping village Use your imagination, again. 300 steps later. On the way down I also didn’t realize how close this place is to the airport. There’s one branch of Cupping Room here though, which I had pinned their other branch for visiting but had trouble fitting into my schedule. So made do with this Coffee quota is increased when on trips First stop back in the civilization Hits different! The only other thing available for order during daytime so tried this oyster cake, attempted to share with the Taiwanese table partners coz they curiously asked me what it was but they turned me down oh well. Unexpectedly loved the tangyuans. No queue! Agenda for the rest of the afternoon is food souvenir hunting coz I sort of didn’t want to risk it by buying in the airport, and anyway I had a bit of time to kill and I wanted aircon haha. Ended up at this mall called Langham Place, and all objectives achieved. But it also meant I was carrying a lot of bags so made a trip back to the hotel to offload it, before heading out for dinner again. And due to poor planning I ended up in HK Island again. Did homework this time and found that they will not open the next day on Labour Day, so moved it to dinner instead. And this time the queue gods did not smile at me - didn’t arrive early enough so missed the first seating, had to wait almost an hour and even after being seated, food took a while, to the extent that when I was halfway through, they already switched off their lights outside indicating the end of their two hour business hours (!). Contemplated taking away coz that queue seemed to move faster but I thought I was quite close to the front of queue so didn’t. What I queued for Lights off alr by the time I was done And verdict - again it lives up to its hype! Curry was okay, pork cutlet was massive and so so good. Think I am making it a point to come back next time. Very stretched from dinner and it being the last night - made a trip back to Victoria Harbour to walk it off. Not there for the light show but just to absorb the energy there and it’s one of my favorite things to do in any city. One more look at this view Would have hung around longer but hearing thunder in the distance and made a run for it - made it to bus stop unscathed but that’s about it. Storm was so heavy that it turned into a yellow alert lol and led to premature ending of Mayday concert haha. That was the final night - packed up and didn’t have to activate my hand carry even. |