The City That Never Sleeps




2024 so far

posted : Saturday, February 24, 2024
A few things to talk about but sort of unrelated so that explains the title hahah. 

Attended a couple of concerts on back to back weeks just before CNY. Penny, I bought Cat 1 tickets a while back and I have always been looking forward to. In line with her concert theme, there are more songs which are kind of 冷门 and tbh I didn’t quite follow her latest album, so there were a number of parts of the concert where I just tried to listen and appreciate those songs. And I think I wasn’t alone in that, judging from how the crowd react every time a classic song name popped up on the screen, and thankfully these still made up a substantial part of the concert. And so pleasantly surprised that my all time favorite made it to the set list, and played in its entirety including the bridge which was my favorite part of the song! Life really is complete. 

Close enough to get clear shots of her.

The second concert was more unexpected. I didn’t plan on going, when the tickets were first released I asked around (read: two people) who weren’t interested so I didn’t buy. But after Penny’s concert when I was in a pretty high mood - came across clips of his performance in KL that same weekend and thought, hey, I do know quite a few of the songs. Thought I would hunt for cheap tickets off Carousell, from those who can’t make it last minute and are selling it for cheap - and the night before I did manage to find a somewhat promising one. Seems legit, met up to deal, and got admitted successfully. And turns out to be a fantastic one which I enjoyed way more than I thought I would. 

View from my seat. I think just hearing vocals is good enough alr

I do have another one lined up, but Fish Leong isn’t really known for her live performance (in fact it always sounds quite dreary if you ask me) but it’s her so just had to do it but go with lower expectations hahah. Managed to get KH to come along, dude is going twice some more. So let’s see how that turns out. 

Then there’s CNY. The usual trip to Bangkok, it’s a bit shorter this time round coz we arrived on a evening, added in a couple of spots not in our usual itinerary, and it was enjoyable as usual because traditions. And of course the trip back home, where I think I got enough rest despite waking up early almost everyday lol. Caught up with people that mattered, people that didn’t matter, won a bit from rummy, ate a lot, squeezed in a run at Eco Park, and last but not least RAGING AGAINST STARHUB. 

But ok, some CNY pics first to start. Took Thai Airways to BKK for a change since it’s priced similarly to budget airlines. And I thought the food was decent!

Always a welcome sight

Coca has changed

Newest mall that everybody is talking abt at social media

Might be my only lohei of the year

Raining on 初一, took cover at a random coffee stall and they had Americano orange which I like for aesthetics reasons

Dinner at Asiatique, featuring le mum and her arm in cast

Final day, decided to have Four Seasons (the famous one in London) for lunch 

Back in Bru! If there’s one vegetarian dish I am craving, it’s this butter milk mushroom from the Daun.

Roasted Sip in Kiulap

Meeting the BFF duo, this was memorable for all the wrong reasons

Meeting the sister for lunch at Top Nosh one random day coz I stole her car

Went for a run!

人日 date with the sister as usual, there’s PINEAPPLE TART GELATO! Tom’s didn’t have it this year and I was resigned to the fate and totally didn’t expect to find it here

Back at Roasted Sip, so prettyyyy

Yep. In caps because there’s no other way to put it - complete screw up and blocking first my data roaming access, then roaming access itself altogether which left me without mobile network. At least I got my banks sorted out accordingly so I am not as prone to frauds, but I can imagine that happening easily. All while their various customer service channels proving useless. Came back to SG, and it was still useless to the extent that by the second call to them, I completely lost it and yelled at them. Not about to relive it too much so let’s just leave it at that, but the case is still hanging because of their incompetence and so much left unanswered, but at least it should start moving after 4 March when I get the astronomical bill which I was supposed to contest. Or at least I hope it will because this whole episode had left me with negative confidence in them. 

Not sure if that played a part but whatever energy I recharged over the CNY break got expended a few days in, so I am now exhausted and craving for a break again. Which is in a couple of months argh. Gotta try to find something to look forward to now. 

Yep, that’s 2024 so far.

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older