|
Taipei 2023: The end
posted : Sunday, January 07, 2024
Going home!
Picking up from the last post, opted to spend the night at airport capsule hotel. This was another one that was very nicely done, from concept to execution to service, and I shall let pictures do the talking. Entrance They have this area to store your shoes, and beyond this area you are only supposed to wear the slippers they provide Corridor to the rooms. The place is tea-themed, and they executed the theme throughout from deco, names, amenities, to souvenirs (they gave us vacuum packed tea leaves to bring home), and also provided free tea The pod. Not stuffy at all! The room interior It’s so simple but I loved this detail and thought. A plastic cover for your amenities or any other stuff that shouldn’t get wet in a shower cubicle. Such a simple solution yet people rarely do this Tea flavored bathroom amenities The one quirk is that they don’t provide towels, only renting them. However, you can like their social media page and rental will be free, so I still got a towel. The unfortunate bit, and a pretty big one actually, though it was no fault of the hotel’s, was that I ended up getting only an hour of sleep zzzz. No idea why because I didn’t even have that much caffeine during the day (I even deliberately have a decaffed one during the tea), maybe it was the alcohol? Didn’t think it’s all the snoring from roommates either, have been accustomed to dad’s snoring from a few days ago, and ventilation was alright. But either way, I tossed and turned and couldn’t sleep, resigned to the fact that I couldn’t sleep and even sat up in my bed to play games on phone, finally managing to get a bit of nap an hour before I was supposed to wake up, which was about 530am. Because apparently check in queues will be long and I still want some time in lounge, so I wanted to reach the counter 3 hours before flight. But turns out they only open 2.5 hours before so I was still very much on time, so I went and grabbed a few last minute snacks from convenience stores to bring home haha. And also to use up remaining credit in the sister’s stored value card. Checked out and wandered around the airport Bought some chips, interesting flavor but I think in the end they don’t taste spectacular Mandatory passport shot Another reason I wanted to be early is because want to go lounge. Pretty interesting one. They had XLB but obviously over steamed coz not made to order so can’t complain, the bacon was so addictive though. Even the fries lol which I don’t know why it’s on a breakfast buffet line This is made to order though, 鹵肉飯. Quite nice. And they also have a few other made to order items like 牛肉麵 which I can’t have. Starlux to bring me home again! Brunch item is a black pepper chicken dish. 特調again and this one is so-so hence I didn’t order a second one. Sci-fi Cosmos 2.0 - Gin / Lactic Acid Drink / Blue Curacao Syrup / Tonic Water The sister set me a mission so I even sat on the aisle seat so it’s easier to go to the galley to get one. We thought it’s a marvel/spidey one which we saw on XHS but it’s just a normal one. So that is the end of the trip! Pretty unique one in that I mixed a family trip with a solo trip, both parts equally memorable with new experiences, and tinge of regrets here and there but nothing major. Reflections in the earlier post so I’ll leave this post at that. To the next one!
|