The City That Never Sleeps




放空

posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Just like that, we are into the last third of the month and by that, I mean the last third of my month long holiday. 

Cliche as it sounds but time really does flies when you are enjoying. As with the last round holidays are really more enjoyable when nobody is disturbing you for work, though this time round I knew for sure I won’t be disturbed on work because I am in between jobs, so to speak. The last round I think I will be obliged to reply if work messages come in (though nothing did, in the end). 

That said, I do find myself needing to find things to do to keep myself occupied though. I actually got bored on a couple of days when I was just at home mindlessly solving sudoku puzzles. But overall I have not been having too much difficulties on this front, even if there are a couple of things that I set out to do that I haven’t done yet, such as beefing up my knowledge on investment basics hahaha. All the time spent on cafe hopping, food hunting, and regular forays to Taman Jubli Emas for runs. Oh and of course the couple of days in KK, which warranted a post on its own. 

So as we approach the end of the holiday I felt like I need to start to transition back to my normal body clock, and I kept feeling the need to do some mental prep for my new role but don’t know how to start. For one, it’s an entire new team, though I knew some of them but had never worked with them. Like do I also plan for a team meeting or something on my first day back, and if so what are my talking points? This is after all a team who are also not familiar with my style. Or do I speak to them individually? 

I also questioned over how much I remember after two years, but I am thinking it shouldn’t take me too long to recall details once I got back into the thick of things. And also what processes have changed in the past two years that I was away? My first day back would probably be eventful enough to negate any Monday blues hahah. And maybe reassured by the fact that despite cases rising, people have known by now that it will be hard to reinstate restrictions so borders would likely stay open wide enough for my next planned home trip in Jan. 

I think I should be recharged enough. I think it should last for a while. Fingers crossed.

Recharging in process


Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older