The City That Never Sleeps




Third staycation

posted : Sunday, February 06, 2022
Third staycation! 

(Which happened a good 4 months ago hahahaha)

Parkroyal at Pickering had been on my radar too for a while. For record, my ultimate bucket list is Fullerton Bay haha but that’s another story for another day. PRP’s architecture from external appeals even to me so I was always quite keen to experience the interior, pictures looked quite good already.

Booked this to utilize my SingapoRediscover vouchers. Ever since I get to know about the concept of club rooms/lounges in hotels I had wanted to try out for a staycation (really 贫穷限制了想象lol) so found a good rate off Traveloka during one of their sales, and after applying voucher it was even better so went ahead to book. 

This was originally going to be a birthday staycation too, but eventually got postponed because of Heightened Alert. So no birthday amenity too oh well. But at least it didn’t get postponed again, and situation stabilized (or we just really started to be at peace with it) such that I was able to have the full experience, somewhat. Even for breakfast. Again checked in on a Sunday and took one day off on a Monday, because that’s the only way to keep myself sane these days with well spaced breaks. 

No pre-arrival emails again so duly made my way down just past noon to see if I can score an early check in, which it worked out again. I think service was slightly better although I think I am not the kind that will make things difficult for people. Up in my room in no time. Pics to tell the story. 

Designated room door photo

Room overview

If I had any complaints, it's that the toilet is a bit narrow. And dark.

Standard amenities shot

Bed

I actually loved this bay window seating

Desk/dresser

Empty mini bar but Nespresso machine seems to be the standard provision in every hotel now

Care pack with masks and wet wipes too

Absolutely loved the room. Minimalistically modern (I don’t know if I am describing it right?) but big fan of the wood tones in general. View, well I didn’t make any special requests so it wasn’t great but passable la. 

View from one side

Again, not much activities for a hotel in the city so reported to gym and pool, and made sure to make time for afternoon tea session in the lounge in between. Which meant a lot of trips back and forth to the room and attire changes lol. 

First order of business is gym

It's a good gym, but I still think Andaz's view is better. Not many people gymming at 2pm in the afternoon lol

Pool is right next to gym, photo taken earlier when it's not my slot

From the pool itself during my slot

Walked a bit in the herb garden

The lounge was where I was initially appreciative of the service, because right off the bat they informed me that one of the tea items is beef and asked if I would be fine with it, to which they offered a swap of items when I told them I couldn’t. But other than that I didn’t feel that they were super proactive or anything. 

Lounge entrance

Pretty consistent interior design throughout the hotel

View from lounge

High tea. Decent food, though nothing really stood out

Returned for evening happy hour session. I think the food is decent actually, though for some reason I didn’t have much stomach for alcohol so I only ended up ordering one single cocktail and that’s it. I think the servers were a bit surprised and there was also a tinge of regret from my end for not milking my moneys worth, but oh well I am not one that enjoys alcohol anyway. 

Had cheese plate. Which I regret a bit coz..I am not quite sure of the etiquette hahaha. And the other food items which I didnt take much photos of, including the desserts which I had later

Cocktail

Watching as day turns to night

Night at the lounge

Night views

Bit of a soak in the bathtub and called it a night, which had became super stormy by then. 

Overslept the next morning and I think I was about 15minutes late for breakfast. Was offered to either have it in the lounge, but with fewer selection (they used to have champagne breakfast but have taken away the champagne I heard) or to have it down at the restaurant but it will be a full buffet. Easy choice. Because when was the last time I had a buffet breakfast? 

From the buffet line - point and they serve. 

Ordered pancakes

Didn’t take too many photos of breakfast. But any resemblance of the old normal is something to cherish, and pre-covid I have had buffet at Lime a couple of times and enjoyed them. The breakfast was decent, in terms of spread. Service was so so. 

As usual tried to extend my stay for a bit and as usual didn’t quite work out - managed a 2 hour extension and that’s about it. Not that there are many things to do, so booked another pool slot, and just lazed in the room for a bit. 

To be honest, neither pool sessions were particularly enjoyable coz too many kids. 

Started out in good weather

And by the end of the hour the storm clouds were gathering

And full scale storm by the time I got back to my room

Overall, a better stay as compared to the Oasia one, and one that I don’t mind returning to if price is right. Purely for the interior hahah.

Ok exterior is fine too.

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older