The City That Never Sleeps




CNY 2022

posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022
First time ever that I spent CNY alone, and second time that I spent it in SG.  

Already covered in the earlier post that I don’t feel super upset about it. In fact there’s a different kind of anticipation I don’t know why, and I set about decorating my (new) place for the occasion although I ended up not going too overboard about it (I made an extra trip down to Chinatown one day intending to buy those big lanterns to hang in my balcony, but chickened out in the end lol). 

Pre-ordered my reunion dinner meal the moment I decided that I am not going home coz figured that they will be high in demand. Took a while to search but finally found one which is decently priced which had all ingredients that I don’t mind eating. 

From Yan 宴 Restaurant

Ate dinner while on call with home so I guess it’s a reunion of sorts, and as usual they had plans after wrapping up dinner anyway so left them to it. For me it’s just having countdown shows running on TV (seriously, the CCTV ones are so boring, how do people watch them), counted down a bit and went to bed lol. Which isn’t too different from when I was at home or spending it with family in BKK actually hahaha. 

Drink to celebrate

Day one, called home in the morning after they came home from temple, and decided to head out to Jewel which turns out to be bustling. 5 person limit meant that a lot of people couldn’t do much visiting so they ended up sightseeing and jalan-jalan. Also a good excuse for me when people ask me what I have been doing - even if I had a lot of friends to spend time with I wouldn’t have been very high on the priority list to be visiting on day one or two anyway. 

This doesnt get old

Tapao-ed Day 1 dinner too

And it’s back to work on Day 3. Which kind of means CNY is over lol. Effectively just another semi-regular weekend. I did get to do house visiting and gambled a bit eventually (which I won a grand total of $1.50 lol courtesy of a final game comeback). But again, not too upset about it. 

Also managed to book a slot to go River Hongbao on Day 4.

So that’s about it for CNY! Certainly out of the norm and I think I look forward to it being back to regular programming next year.

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older