The City That Never Sleeps




Japan 2017: Free and easy

posted : Saturday, July 08, 2017
Used up our two days of sightseeing pass and the last day was dedicated to the Dotonbori area which we technically haven't explored despite being here for the past few days. 

Started off with Kuromon Market! Similar concept to Nishiki Market in Kyoto but I think I prefer Nishiki. Just didn't find Kuromon Market as interesting. As usual, got separated after a while and actually, spent the rest of the day pretty much separated from each other.

Entering Kuromon Market!

Really does look like Nishiki Market

Us

Unagi!

Uni. Didnt try though

Yakisoba, portion a bit sad. Together with takoyaki in a last ditch attempt to find one that is not soggy in centre

Grilling scallops!

Meh.

Boneless chicken wings, expensive and really meh

Headed off to Shinsaibashi area in the afternoon. Stel, Val and I meant to find a pancake cafe to chill in but we couldn't find a good one and ended up settling down in Honolulu Coffe which wasn't really good at all. Rest of the day we were just hanging around the street, made some food stops (roadside ramen stall was pretty good), found another GU outlet which was way bigger than the one at Umeda, and went back to our place to rest + plan for dinner.  All pretty knackered at this point, physically and more importantly, financially hahahaha.

Surprised that we didnt have more Taiyaki earlier

Really nice on another cold day

Some coffee cream pancake

Honolulu Cafe

Inside Starbucks coz guys want to buy tumblers

Gyoza

Considered teppanyaki, yakiniku (in a bid to improve our experience from the other day) but ended up with another ramen place as our final dinner in Japan! Zundoya Ramen, must say it's pretty good and the broth is really flavorful (taste buds have returned lol). Then split up again post dinner - KH wanted to give Pablo another shot, San and Kevin went to tapao teppanyaki (ended up the shop they found was also no longer in existence), I went out of the way to get KFC hahaha coz I just thought I had to try KFC here with it being part of Japanese Christmas tradition (it's not Christmas I know but whatever), while Stel and Val headed back first.

Last dinner in Japan

Tastebuds have returned! Can taste the broth, really good too!

Zundoya Ramen

Goodbye Namba!

Convened back in our Airbnb for supper and it's packing time. The 12 day trip is coming to an end!

Labels: , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older