The City That Never Sleeps




The search

posted : Saturday, October 01, 2016
For a new place.

Has been about a year since I hatched this thought and about two months since I seriously began thinking about it.

Not serious enough to arrange for viewings so I kind of have been taking my own sweet time, browsing around until I find something that ticks off most boxes. The good thing is I am not currently on a tenancy contract hence I can afford the flexibility (as opposed to the last time round when there is a I-must-move-out-by-end-of-this-month panic).

Have been thinking a lot on the budget. I know what I want. Location is not the most important factor (though it would be a nice bonus). Price is. Can't quite decide where the line is now. 

This week I finally come across one which I really like and ticks off all boxes. After a bit of hesitation, texted the lister (found it on carousell) thinking I will just go for a non-committal viewing. The price is already above what I had in mind, and when I texted the owner I found out that it does not even cover utilities yet, which would make it way above budget. So I ended up not going for the viewing altogether. 

Feeling a tinge of regret but i told myself to continue on. After all, I am very sure that I want a change in environment and I am pretty much reminded of it every day. Though I suppose it will be an awkward topic to bring up.

We'll see how it goes. With any luck, I may be moving before the year ends.

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older