|
Europe 2016: Rounding up Paris
posted : Monday, September 05, 2016
Final day in Paris and the drizzle returned.
Plan was to go to Versailles but before that, brunch at one of the roadside cafes. So back to Place St Michel because I saw quite a number there the day before. Took a while to decide which one to go but eventually ended up at this cafe called Chez Clement.
Enjoying solitude
Foie gras terrine. Think i prefer it grilled.
Can NOT leave without duck confit. This version didn't particularly wow me though.
And it was there when I realized that Versailles isn't even open on Mondays -.- Change of plans then. Walked over to Galleries Lafayette, with the intention of going somewhere for tea and desserts after that. Also tried to find a post office to buy stamps coz I wanted to send postcards.
More paintings.
Thought the golden sculptures looked magnificent. Palais Garnier.
Galeries Lafayette. Nothing to buy in particular, so just see see look look nia.
This was a separate building housing the gourmet section. Definitely caught my eye because part of the agenda for the afternoon was to find a pastry place to chill. Didnt take too many pictures coz paiseh but very very pleasing to the eye, this place. Snuck out this photo while staff was packing my order heheheh.
Afternoon tea proper! At Angelina's, didnt have to queue too long luckily. A spin-off of their famous Mont Blanc and a super super gao hot chocolate which was so so good. Wow-ed.
I want one of each :(
Another day with lots of walking. Hahah. Partly coz I felt sinful with all the sugar I have taken heh. Also because I am only left with three metro tickets to last me through the day LOL so it's one ticket from apartment to city centre, one from my last stop of the day back to the apartment, and one contingency if I get too tired or stops are way too far in between hahaha. Post-tea, in the vicinity of Jardin des Tuileries again so hung around there while planning for dinner. Retracing my steps from yesterday again coz I was getting kind of familiar with it, and I knew I am heading back towards Ile de la Cite/Ile St Louis.
They really dont take up space at all. Very efficient design.
Nobody's chilling out in this weather. Stark contrast to the previous day.
Place de la Concorde
Fountain at Place de la Concorde.
This bridge is probably next in line to have railings replaced with glass panels.
Clouds went away and sun came out. Musee D'Orsay, also didnt bother.
Agenda for the evening is to find another proper dining place so I ended up at Ile St. Louis, where I read that there are lots of restaurants around. Walked the entire length of streets looking for one with a suitable menu and ended up at this place called Sorza. Sounds Italian if you ask me but food is French and is really good. Place is quiet too!
Main of seabass with ratatouille. Can't remember what the foam was.
Creme brulee, another can't miss. This one had hints of bourbon whisky too.
By the time I finished its good time to head over to Eiffel Tower again, though this time during dusk. This is where the reserve train ticket came useful coz it's too damn far from Ile St' Louis.
Love this.
Food like this :) Plated my tapao-ed macarons for effect LOL. Since there are some pretty plates lying around in the kitchenette. Had them for breakfast the next morning, they were yummy btw.
Paris, je t'aime!! But it's off to London next!
|