|
NZ 2015: The end
posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016
Reached Christchurch at about 6 in the evening and headed straight to our accommodation of the night - Colonial Inn Motel at Papanui Road (had to mention that coz the road name is still stuck in head despite it being almost 3 months since we got back). Kind of like an apartment with a queen bed in the bedroom, and a single bed in the living room. And a pantry with most amenities present so no complains there.
Entrance hall
The bedroom
Extra bed in the living room
Random (I think) clock tower
Posing outside the casino!
The Asian within us was like, OMG this has rice, let's order this.
Ordered two portions of the carvery selection
And dessert!
Leaving empty handed :(
And Christchurch being a ghost town at night meant we just head back to the motel after that. To pack hahaha.
Blockhedz Collection!
Goodbye trusty little red car
Hopped on the shuttle bus to airport, checked in without incidents, and basically just waited for the flight. Uneventful haha. Unless you count the fact that Chris and I were trying very hard to finish spending the remaining NZD we had. I managed to spend the last coin I had wheeee. Kept one note for souvenir lah.
Memories!
Journey back was even more restless IMO. This time I wasn't trying to sleep and hence have trouble finding things to do on flight. Even spent an hour staring at the flight route -.- Guess I can't wait to be back. To be honest I was craving for local food at this point. Reached SG at about 5pm..and went our separate ways.
Menu for the return trip!
Had the kung pao chicken
And a light dinner before touching down
Went for the fish
And with that....the trip came to an end! A very different experience for me - new group of traveling buddies, road trip element, the environment are all contributing factors. But definitely enjoyable and eye opening.
Can't wait for my next trip! Which I duno where and when yet. Hahaha.
Don't dream it's over.
|