|
Taipei 2014: Another Journey's End
posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014
Last day! Or rather last half day, to be exact. And the rains finally came.
Only a couple of things left only agenda. First up, paid 龙山寺 a visit. It's, well, a temple, one of the oldest and most famous. Here for a "been there, done that" purpose. 拜拜, brief stay then moved on to 西门町 again, for breakfast. Decided that I couldn't leave without a bowl of 阿宗面线 so yep!
拜拜
Journeyed to 西门町 for this!
Classic, I like it, actually. Some people says it's catered for tourists...well, I am one.
Bought HSR tickets to Taoyuan as I figured I could save a bit of time on travel, bought tickets for the 12pm train. Considering I still had to go back to the apartment, collect my baggage and "check out", and still buy my food souvenirs at 台北车站, there's actually very little time left so off I go.
Back to the apartment and it was empty (I think). Knocked on my host's parents/sister's door but no response, so I called up my host who told me I can just leave the key in the room and go. Was like, oh that's convenient even though it still feels a bit odd haha. And didn't get to meet and say goodbye to them in person...oh well.
Was hunting for a cake shop and a food souvenir shop in 台北车站 which I perpetually got lost in. No difference this time round. It freaking has underground malls, train station, metro station and HSR station and the directional signs are definitely not helpful. Found the cake shop after half an hour =.=, decided that I have no time to hunt for the food souvenir shop so decided to just get some in airport and headed straight to the waiting HSR train.
No time to snap touristy pics of the train so this will do hahaha.
So summary of the trip! Fulfilled my quota for solo travel once a year. Reminded me of why I enjoyed solo travel, the improvisations, the independence and all. I probably won't be back anytime soon though. It's a huge world and there are many other places I would like to see. Still, trip was an enjoyable one albeit short.
See ya! Maybe not in the near future though!
Obsessed with this particular brand haha. And lobster salad onigiri lol so brought some back.
|