|
Where the heart is
posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014
Home.
Considering my holiday is ending soon...thought I would squeeze out some time to blog first before I go back and get myself crushed by work.
I was so so looking forward to home this time round. I always feel excited about going home but recently there's always this tinge of apprehension because god knows what remedy my mum will come up with (which almost always ends with quarrels). Not this time though. Granted, skin is obviously not normal yet but it is a much improved version I feel, so I went home kind of eager to show off and see what they say? Hahah.
I haven't had a long holiday since CNY which I feel is pretty long ago haha. And I still haven't finished clearing leave from LAST YEAR imagine that. Plus it has been sort of a rough couple of weeks at work. Last week was an epic battle between me and procrastination and I was kind of tired by the end of the week and I am so ready to hop on a plane and head home. Lolol #likeaboss.
Went home in RB's Dreamliner. Totally wasn't expecting it coz I thought it was used for long haul flights. Probably they needed to get it back to bru for whatever reasons. Anyway other than the improved seats and leg room, and an upgraded inflight entertainment system, and generally more atas looking...didn't see too much difference really. Okay maybe that itself is a big difference already..duno if I was expecting too much.
Was intending to nua at home most of the time and recharge but I duno why I ended up having a sort of packed schedule. Okay I sort of know why actually...had obligations. But I actually don't even get to see the BFFs as much as I imagined. Was totally picturing us huddled together somewhere (like in a meeting room in KH's office for example) while working out details for our upcoming Korea trip. In the end nothing quite solid materialized hahahah #fail. Ok la to be honest this time round it's even harder to coordinate as compared to Taiwan 2 years ago considering now there are things like leave dates, approval by supervisors etc which I think I underestimated.
Did squeeze out the road trip in the end though! We had never done a road trip in group before and I must say even though the destination is just Miri we had loads of fun. Stel opted out in the end hmphh coz she wanted to send off her bro who would be going to UK and won't be back in a while. So it's just me and KH heading to Miri to pick up San, who flew to Miri from KK, and Val who's already there visiting her sister. Plan is we will reach Miri airport by 8am (San's flight arrived at about 740am) and ended up KH only picked me up at my house at about 730am?? Epic late trololol. Poor gals already rotted (quote San) by the time we got there hahaha which is actually pretty fast already considering the time we left bru.
I like how even though we have not met (in a group) for a while..there doesn't seem to be any gaps or "warmups" required...from the get go San and KH were cracking dirty jokes at each other (San saying she can't really do this in front if her bf coz got image to maintain bahh), we were literally LOL-ing even in public and attracting stares hahah. The level of comfort is so very liberating. We didn't do much in Miri actually. A big chunk was spent in a ktv. Ate and ran some errands. Initial plan was to stay overnight but ended up going back to Brunei on the day itself, then grabbed Stel out for dinner. Was really good to see everybody again :D
Oh also met several of my classmates over dinner at the Energy Kitchen which was a joint collaboration between a former primary school classmate of mine and 吴尊. Food was so so (as to be expected for "real" and "healthy" food), I didn't do much interaction as usual but I guess it was still enjoyable.
In the end I think I really just wanted a break from work, and I think I got it. Despite almost tearing my hair out over how hopeless the flower can be at work sometimes. Oh well.
Next trip home should be during CNY I suppose. Or unless I manage to squeeze in one trip to make it to the class reunion haha.
Labels: holidays |