The City That Never Sleeps




Holidays~

posted : Thursday, December 09, 2010
So much for revival...last post was a month ago, on a different island, for that matter.

But anyway exams are over and I am back at home! Had 4 papers (only) - kind of struggled through Engin Prof because didnt memorise enough and so cant score the free points, had time management issues during structural paper - spent almost an hour on the first question alone and ended up only having 20minutes for the last question sigh. Foundation Engin Prof was kind of overly nice - a 2.5 hour paper that can be done in 2 hours and it probably made the midterm which i screwed up even more significant :( Transportation was reli difficult to study - too much content - but the final paper seemed ok to me. So yeah. That sums up the semester...totally not expecting sth as good as last sem. In 2 weeks!

Next sem is gonna be damn different without all of you around :(

***************************

I really dont enjoy the seemingly endless and pointless skin remedies. I shall be frank that it is one reason that I sometimes somewhat dread coming home, but I usually shake the feeling away. People can get so creative sometimes, but I really doubt they will work, and i am trying them out only because mum insisted. Sigh. Whatever.

A family friend went "oh, you know, xxx also had a similar condition and dr. xxx cured it" and so in  the end i paid this doctor a visit (even though i highly doubt that it is a similar condition because psoriasis is not supposed to be completely curable). Then I made a kind of grave mistake and thus I am not sure whether the doc's diagnosis is biased or not.

Me: I have a skin issue.
Doc: Yep, I can see that (maybe in his heart he is saying 'duh'). Have you seen any other doctors about this?
Me: Err, yep.
Doc: What did they say?
Me: (warning sounds in my head, but i duno what else to say or how to politely ask for his own judgment) He said its psoriasis...
Doc: (starts checking the obvious psoriasis symptoms) Yep, it is.

Dumb. Sigh. The visit wasnt productive at all in the end because he was saying things I already know and he know it too. :S Easy money. I probably made it easy for him.

I duno but sometimes I still find it hard to say "I have psoriasis" when people started asking "What happened to your face (points to the affected regions on my face)/are you allergic to sth" etc etc. Maybe subconsciously I still cant accept it as a part and parcel of me and it is here to stay. I am just hoping for a period when it subsides and it never comes. Sigh. I probably need a long, stress free break.

*******************

I almost cant wait for the time when I dun need to do hall activities...it is getting almost unbearable now, I dont see joy in doing activities and I am only hanging on because I have to and being irresponsible is totally not me. Enough said.

*******************

Am i some sort of holiday/replacement friend that you look for when all your "regular" friends are not around? 

Labels: , , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older