|
2 more weeks!
posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010
"Forced out this entry in the middle of rushing two subsections of a 70-page report (or at least that's the aim) because I know, if I don't, the next entry from me is probably at the end of the month (a.k.a end of exams).
I thought it's kind of insane to have project deadlines and assignment deadlines all the way until three days before my first paper. T.T. Even the thought of it is mentally draining enough." Okay I admit i started writing this entry on Sunday night and guess what? I didnt finish writing and so I will continue now haha. As of now...had my last lecture of the semester just 2 hours ago and its now chiong all the wayyyyy....oops, one more project deadline and one more assignment to submit. T.T But i suppose I can always treat it as part of revisions.. ************************* Duno what's wrong with me but I have been severely unproductive this week which results in me sleeping at ungodly hours and I have classes at 9am the next morning or what not. Second time this semester I overslept for a class, woke up at 9.20am for a 9am lecture (the first time, it was a 10am class and I woke up at 11.10am). It's kind of scary that I am so used to the pattern that my alarms are ringing that I can switch them off without knowing it (does it work that way?) At any rate, this has to change because exam timetables are out and all 4 papers I have are 9am papers. Oversleep for any one of them and I promise you I will cry. But yep, 4 papers left, the least ever in 5 semesters in NUS (last semester was the most ever) because got rid of the my project module on Tuesday. The 70 page report ended up as a 90 page report (woots!), the longest report I ever compiled and I kind of think its fun doing it (the report). But with a report that long you are bound to miss some points (e.g contradicting points). Anyway I wonder if anybody is going to seriously read a hypothetical proposal for a University Master Plan. Only manage to sleep 3 hours ++ when I have a long public exhibition the next day and by the end of the day I was dead tired (which caused me to oversleep the next morning) but all the hard work we put in (including the last minute brilliances) paid off! Our first judge happened to be our most "favourite" prof who's face changed like lightning once he declared "you may begin" - smiling -> garang and pissed off face. Kind of intimidating and he was happily shooting away without even giving us much chance to talk. Brr. But the other three judges were much nicer and by the time the last one reached us, he was rushing to end off the session that he took in whatever we said without much questions =.= But anyway, some pics.... The final completed model! We are proud of it :) More presentation props - came up with the idea and finished it on Tuesday morning itself. Talk about last-minute work. See the black face =.= Judge #2 and #3 - Much nicer and at least gave constructive feedback. Walked off saying "I like your model." :D Judge #4 - the one rushing for time and didnt ask much questions. Wonder why we are all staring at the model all the time. Me! The people behind the project - Chris, Ricky, Evi, Linda and yours truly. Guess who won the top prize? :D :D :D The end of a rather interesting module and I think it's kind of fun towards the end - the model building part, that is. A bit too much rojak information towards the end though...sometimes we smoked through when by right we are supposed to learn, well we did learn a fair bit but there is a limit of how much we can learn by ourselves when deadlines and other projects are looming ahead. Arh learn from other mods then. ********************** December holiday checklist:
Cant wait to go home now. 10 days to first paper *screams* but also 18 days to the end and 21 days to home! Yea I survive by having all these thoughts in my mind. |