|
Revival
posted : Friday, October 22, 2010
Almost can't believe that my last post was almost a month ago.
Time to bring this place back to life! ********************** Every week is spent working on a different project or a quiz or assignment submission and very often they are last minute work now. Settled the Foundation Design Project in Week 7, fell sick in Week 8 and took a break (though there are bits and pieces of other projects to settle), rushed Structural Design Project in Week 9 and now Engin Prof Report AND Presentation to rush in Week 10 and 11. Not mentioning a few more meetings for our University Project so that there is something we can show the lecturers in class - well, I mean, it's good in a way. Then have to chiong all the way for that BIG presentation in Week 13. No it's not the end. Structural Design Project Part 2 due in Reading Week. And a couple of Transport Assignments and Lab Reports in between all those. Suddenly the end of the semester is looming. Ooh la la. It means exams are coming. And it doesnt sound very optimistic when 2 (and almost certainly 3) out of 3 midterm/quizzes ended up with below average scores, with one more to go on Monday which I havent started on. =.= It is kind of strange, and worrying, that despite all this, I can still find time to do very random stuff. ************************ Went to the CSI Exhibition last Saturday...I am surprised that I actually get to interact more with my Forensic classmates. I mean, I had classes with them last sem, 3 hours each week and we didnt get to chat much - well I didnt get to interact with them much - well you know I am not a very sociable person and all. So I was kind of surprised that I can actually chit chat with them during the entire thing. =.= The show itself was not that spectacular for us who studied forensics before, but I like the way they organized the exhibition. It was very well-planned and thought. They presented four crime scenes with 4 story lines, then they led you into "labs" as you discovered what various evidences mean and ended up solving the crime. I like the autopsy room where there are mannequins, and a projector directly on top of them, so that when the pathologist (the character in CSI - cant rmb his name) goes "we do a Y-shaped incision" then the images of the inside of the body will be projected on the body - get what I mean? Quite cool idea. In addition there are booths to let the public try out things like ink chromatography and K-M test. For $21, I think it is a bit overpriced but we got in for free anyway. Hehehe. One of the perks for being a "graduate" student (we graduated from our Prof's classes - with flying colours some more :D). ************************ Let's just say - the decision to not take in freshmen for one semester is more damaging than expected. It killed off traditions, and it allowed a major freshmen project to degrade into an unorganized one-woman show with the governing body (or person) not exactly doing much to help (at least from my POV). I wonder if there are any chances of resurrection. It makes me kind of wonder if Float will turn out like this too. And for some unknown reason, the freshmen were unresponsive. New, creative ideas with high potential were tried out - only to have cold water mercilessly dumped over their head by cold response from majority of the people. The sad thing is a lot of seniors are staying out of the way too. We are turning into Raffles Residences! ********************** 1 and a half month left to home! Have half a mind to quit volunteering for Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore alr. Lost all motivation for some unknown reason after YOG. Or maybe its just because I cant wait to rush back home :) Oh wait, I havent bought my tickets. =.= *********************** You know, I get a feeling that, we are drifting further apart. Maybe its the distance. Maybe its because you have someone new to channel all your attention to. Maybe its our fault too. Communication is never meant to be a one way thing. Labels: forensics, NUS, Raffles Hall, updates |