The City That Never Sleeps




Busy busy busy

posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010
As usual, I make life difficult for myself.

Into week 3 of the semester now, and as one of my friends put on MSN, a quarter of the semester is nearly over. Gosh it is actually really kind of scary when you think about it like this.

Life in school and hall have began in earnest and I suppose I am not really ready for either of them. I still feels sleepy all the time..like anytime I close my eyes, 99% of the time I will fall asleep. Not sure why I am still so sleep deprived..and I think I mind is not working right either. Imagine missing the first tutorials of two modules without realizing it. Doomed. Reminds me of last year, which is why I suspect Rag Day could be one reason..Rag Day hangover? sigh.

Little review about my modules: Taking 5 mods this sem. CE3101, Integrated Infrastructure Project, is my first non-examinable module, but as expected the workload is heavier (yea to compensate for the lack of exams). The module is quite interesting to me except that I dont like the way it is presented at times. Supposed to come up with a master concept plan for the 4th university in Singapore - so we are given a plot of land (or rather the map of a plot of land), and details about the university and we are supposed to decide what to do with the land, layout of the buildings in there, transport system, sewage, power, safety, security, recreational, sustainability etc etc. And supposed to keep a professional image all the time, so we are actually in a company, not a project group. It is demanding, and in 4 days time we are having our first presentation which is like 15% of the final grade T.T. Well we shall see how it goes.

CE3116, Foundation Engineering, is almost a continuation of Soil Mech...need to apply concepts from there..my first webcasted module since duno when. Though I still attend lectures (coz if I dont, I dun think I will eventually end up watching the webcasts). Module is ok, difficulty should be similar to soil mech? Wonder if i can smoke through.. Lecturer is a nice person as well.

CE3121, Transport Engineering, something I have been looking forward for quite some time and I think I should be able to enjoy it. Lecturer is quite new and read off slides quite frequently, content wise a bit different from what I expected but I still find it ok..

CE3166, Structural Steel Design and System, something I have been dreading for quite some time, and nightmare came true. Structures are never my best nor favorite aspect and it looked really foreign to me now. Not to mention that I very smartly miss 4 hours of lectures for this module already coz of YOG. Rahh. More work to be done.

EG2401 Engineering Professionalism saw me dozing off in the first three lectures about ethics. Must be kind of disheartening for the old lecturer coz people either skip entirely, walk out of the class, dozing off or stoning. Changing lecturers already though :) Hopefully it gets better.

Dropped a sixth module finally and almost along with it the forensic minor since it almost means I wont be able to chiong 4 more science modules. Decided in the end recognition isnt all that important and there is no point shooting myself by squeezing a sixth module in...last few weeks of the semester will just die. Hopefully this will help my other 5 modules.

Hall...well being a senior rocks. Bullying juniors during orientation rocks. Being a hall leader doesnt rock. Either that or I have too little confidence in myself that I sometimes just listen even though I disagree and have the right to say out loud. The only time when I said out loud almost ended in a disaster. Sigh. Like last year I felt redundant in a hall activity. And desperately clinging on to the last chance of doing something different, so desperate that I told myself I wouldnt mind waking up early on Saturdays and doing all sorts of saikang jobs (well if you ask me I think I am a pretty good saikang warrior. I am mundane, says Peter Soh's career analysis test).

I have big plans for the year! I feel like joining Tennis Interest Group. Probably coz I am surprised that I am not forgotten (or at least I think so) by them coz recently received an invitation to join their FB group. Always wanted to join Voices, the campus mandopop group but never managed to pluck up courage to go for their auditions. And ended up not joining EMCC, even though this is the third year I said i wanted to join. Sigh. And I got the urge to start a Nth attempt at jogging! Haha we shall see how it goes.

As of now this weekend is filled to the brim and probably next weekend too. Sigh. I wish holidays are here. I miss home already and I still want to go travelling very badly..I wonder if it will happen when I am still studying.

YOG review will be up in the next post...for now, the post already looked very jumbled and I shall not make it worse..

Labels: , ,

| 1 comments

Newer›  ‹Older