|
YOG Training and Week 10
posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010
So I skipped make-up lecture today (oops) and went for YOG service excellence training....at first was contemplating registering then lari...then only to decide that I dun have guts for that, plus got some indemnity forms need to submit in the end so they would noe I cabut....but anyway the session was boring. I attended it only because I had to. Duno why but not extremely excited about YOG anymore but still kind of looking forward to work. Met someone who is doing the same work as me but in a different place...and there was this NUS econs year 3 girl who looked surprised enough when I told him I am a Malaysian. "You dont sound like one." Makes me wonder what she perceive a Malaysian to sound like.....
Anyway, I actually find the journey there more exciting then the training itself. Firstly I got up late and was still in a blur mode. So i grab breakfast but forgot to fill water bottle. Forgot room key also. So while stoning at the bus stop and eating breakfast at the same time I watched as my bus drove pass me, before realizing what happened. Sat up straight for 5 minutes before stoning again and almost let a second bus drove pass me. =.= Then there was madman #1 on the bus. He was talking to himself (quite loudly given that there werent a lot of people on the bus) and making big gestures with his hand. I checked, there definitely wasnt a handphone or a bluetooth headset. Anyway I couldnt make out what he is saying. Bus driver was observing him from his overhead mirror whenever he could and turned to look at him a few times, but didnt really do anything. I kind of freak out a bit because he followed me out of the bus (Actually it's coincidence coz he moved first, but I was nearer to the door) so I hurriedly walked to my next bus stop (changing bus). "Relax" a bit coz I tot I got rid of him (in the first place he wasnt following me I guess...guess I made things dramatic for myself). Then saw a kid walking towards my bus stop from far...didnt pay too much attention until he pulled my sleeve and very "urgently" asked if I could spare $20 because he was late (for somewhere) and therefore need to cab. I said no without thinking (even if I reli had it). Then he was like "你找找看...(try to find le)"...and when i didnt attempt (of course I wouldnt, it would prove that I was lying) he was like "ha..die liao...i am late already...nobody help me..." and i ignored him. Eventually he tried a lady nearby...while I was still processing the whole incident my bus came and I got up..he actually got up the bus too. Which made me even sure he is a scammer (come to think of it it doesnt prove anything but still....). Anyway how could I get back my $$ if i borrow him wor...$20 le...can eat six $3 lunches liao. =.= Fast forward to journey back to hall. (edit: forgot to add sth..while having lunch at Clementi there was this group of Malay sec sch students...when i was walking towards them one of them said sth and the whole gang turned at look at me. Was like what is freaking wrong with me but I couldnt openly check. When i did I dun find anything wrong with me at all lor. Maybe its not me.....) Took 183 from Clementi coz wanted to cut hair at $5 shop at Fong Seng area...drop off before Fong Seng and while walking to the barber shop the guy walking in front of me suddenly raised both his hands and waved wildly and go "Rahhhhhhh"...(maybe a bad description but the best I can do) and I was like "not again...." then he walked to one of the semi-d houses next to Fong Seng and grab the grills and looked in with his eyes wide open....I din dare to stop and look and hurriedly walk on. There you go...madman (?) #2.... Rarely have dramatic journeys (even if I made it sound dramatic) so good time to post abt it. Hehe. ************ More deadlines coming up next week...But I duno, at least there are less of them already. Like one project which is 60% done, an essay and a lab report which is 0% completed, an assignment or two, and a quiz. Hmm wait that actually sounds a lot. Sigh. One month to exams and I still have yet to touch LSM1301.... Sort of last forensic lecture last night...coz the next two lects will be moots exam..Volunteered by my partner to practise in class today and I tot I did quite ok although I kept laughing which should NOT be happening. Coz i happen to touch on a sensitive issue without realizing it and prof (who was playing the role of the 19-year old witness I am supposed to be cross-examining) reacted in 14-year old manner. And the class was laughing too so I couldnt help it. Oh well. My practical group did okay for the practical exam...3rd out of the 7 groups...most marks lost in the scene documentation part (which is the practical part coz we freaking forgot abt face masks). But yea I guess this marks the end of my Friday night classes...no more such classes as they are only teaching two mods. To round up I learnt a lot especially on evidence laws (which I still say is not my thing). Very enriching. And its encouraging to hear that most ppl who took it last sem got an A+/A/A-. Hopefully can do well! ************** Earth Hour today..Hall has this Earth Hour celeb which IMO didnt go well at all from the tech side. Inappropriate and messy requests gave me an idea of one or two simple performances (which one person can handle) which turned out to be four mid-high level performances and I was having a hard time juggling both the mixer and backstage. Thankfully a junior who happened to be around helpfully helped out. They decided to cancel the movie screening after Earth Hour as well (if you ask me, they wasted quite a bit of energy by getting tech to support them) because they predicted few audience...and hopefully not partly because I complained quite a bit to them about messy requests beforehand. Oops. Anyway, heard this song..was performed tonight..though not the first time hearing it but this time round it made me youtube it. And I think the MV is reli good. Labels: music, Raffles Hall, random, YOG, youtube |