The City That Never Sleeps




The same old story - with a slight twist

posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010
I almost can't believe holidays are ending.

Yea, I seem to say that every semester.

I think i am having trouble dragging myself out of holiday mood. There are so many things which I am yet to do - I haven't to check which textbooks I need to buy/photocopy, which textbooks I can sell to earn money (edit: checked, none can be sold except the useless Chinese lit coursepack), edit the Phoenix articles, sign up for IHG reporting (edit: done). On top of that I havent printed my notes and timetable (and hence have a vague idea of what classes I am having on Monday) because I havent bought my printer ink, feeling lazy to cover IHG sports which I knew nothing of (tsk tsk), feeling lazy to go down for tech meeting tmr nite, feeling lazy to book an appointment with NSC, and ended up deciding to email the Chem dept person instead of calling or dropping by the office to ask about my minor problems.

On top of that, I am feeling sick. :(

In fact the only thing I am done is cleaning up my room properly and finish unpacking all in one afternoon. Half of the room, at least..Will probably be nice and settle the other half too :)

Got up at an ungodly time of 7.45am today (mind you, it's still a school holiday hence 7.45 is ungodly) because I was supposed to go to the SYOGOC Headquarters for an intro session about YOG cycling specialist volunteers. Ended up deciding not to go (I am still not sure why - spur of the moment i guess?) and didnt go back to sleep but watch dramas (even more surprising - didnt go back to sleep??). Finally stopped when the LAN connection gave way right when I wanted to bid for my LSM module. Manage to connect to the unstable wireless and bidded, and decided to go out. Rushed down to IT Co-op at 12.30pm to buy my printer ink (its cheaper there) but found out their website conned me - it wasnt open today. Rushed down to Clementi POSBank and managed to join the long queue (bank closes at 1pm) and deposited money - then went for computer accessories shopping in SimLim which evolved to window shopping in Bugis to groceries shopping in Fairprice. Then KH surprised me by turning up earlier than expected - ended up eating double dinner coz I expected him to come later hence I tapao-ed dinner, and still went to ION Orchard for second dinner =.=

(Haha, since this post is so random and messy, might as well make it messier)

I am taking, or rather, planning to take 6 modules this sem (planning coz the 6th module which is supposed to be pre-allocated hasnt appear yet) - 4 core modules, 2 of which involve water, one involving soil and one about construction management; LSM1301 General Biology which is a pre-requisite to one of my minor modules, and Evidence in Forensic Science, because I more or less made up my mind to take up the minor already. Which means I am condemning myself to 5 or 6 cores for the next 5 semesters. Kind of depressing.

Whatever. I just hope my CAP can still improve.

Happy new semester people!

Labels: , , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older