The City That Never Sleeps




Weekly update

posted : Friday, September 04, 2009
Ran out of ideas for the title.

I think if there is one thing i need to learn this sem, its prioritising. I seem to have tonnes of work to do but I never seem to be doing them. For one, i think I am very addicted to my comp and the internet..I always find things to do even though I got more important things to do. Sigh.

Maybe getting a new comp is a really bad idea.

******************

Went crazy last Saturday and I don't even know how! Started with JiaXiang coming down to Sg...so me and Stel went to meet up with him..Amilyn joined in at night. He wanted to go to ION Orchard and Sentosa, so three of us acted tourist and snapped a lot of tourist-like pictures. Oh, I find ION Orchard quite a nice place...though its advisable to skip Level 1-4 (branded clothing..even supermarket there only sell high-class products)...walking around B1-B4 is quite nice. Didnt want to spend $$ on tickets for Sentosa attractions so we just went to the beaches. Then, acted tourist and went to Singapore River area and took more pictures, before having dinner at MakanSutra@Esplanade...standard hawker food but catered for tourists = more expensive.

I wanted to go back coz I was planning to wake up early on Sunday to complete my tuts..then ended up following them to Holland V..went to this pub (cant remember the name)..haha first time drinking in Holland V..but quite ok la...then ended up spending the night in the lounge in Sheares. :S

*****************

Shall not comment much on the Room Balloting fiasco. I duno how many of my brain cells are still working after all that rubbish. Grrr. All I can say now is I sincerely HOPE i have enough points next year so that I can stay out of all this trouble. Though I must say I am looking forward to shifting to the new blocks.

But then again, 3 activities should be a very manageable load..but 3 activities and being a chair/vice-chair in all 3 is beginning to take its toll. I am beginning to wish concert has ended. 

*****************

Raining cats and dogs almost everyday and therefore had to rush down to Novena in the rain after classes on Tuesday...made it to NSC just in time. Registered and waited...paid $70++ for consultation alone..luckily it can be reimbursed. :S

The doctor was much younger than i imagined..took a good look at my scalp and forehead, and finally confirmed his suspicions after checking my fingernails etc.

"It's psoriasis."

"So--what?"

Anyway read up for yourself here what it is if you are hardworking enough..haha. Apparently it affects 2% of the Singaporean population (though, strictly speaking, I am not part of this 2%) and most of them are mild cases, like mine. (The pictures in Wiki are of the severe cases, and mine definitely doesnt look like that. o______O)

Very enlightening because suddenly I understand how those seemingly unrelated symptoms are linked. Apparently psoriasis is genetic though there is only a 10% chance that my offsprings will get it too. Coz my parents definitely don't have it and I think I dont remember any relatives having it.

So now I have a series of cream, ointment and shampoo to try to improve the condition (cant be completely cured :()..thought they will cost a bomb but luckily not. But I do hope things will get better :). On a side note, I like the way NSC functions...as in how everything is linked via their computer network...I can even change my appointment time online now :P

My arsenal of weapons to fight psoriasis!

Very honestly told the physician at Blood Donation Drive about my skin problem and was immediately forbidded from donating. Sigh. I was looking forward to that, especially after getting SMS from Red Cross about the lack of O Blood.

****************

Went for International Exchange Day and though the talks didnt really help..I kind of have my mind set on doing SEP d. The question is where. Was thinking of cheating and just applied SEP to UniMelb and so I won't even need to plan how to map my modules...but Australia is supposedly popular and thus hard to get.Wouldnt seriously mind Europe also, though I think it will be hard also? And living expenses should be much higher. But of course, the pre-requisite to all this is a presentable CAP and I think at this rate I still have much to do.

****************

Weekend is here! Mugging time! :P

Labels: , , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older