The City That Never Sleeps




New room!

posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009
Blogging from my new room now :) Internet is not up yet, but thank god can detect wireless from my block..quite strong and steady too so am not dying.

Summary: longer tables, which is not too bad but it reduces space for towel rack, my bucket and laundry basket etc. Less storage space, but i managed to fit in somehow. New mattresses (coming soon), new and much powerful ceiling fan (YAY!), new toilets which looks more modern but have some minor drawbacks...but basically am quite satisfied :)

This week was rather hectic..but next week will be even worse. The whole LT went "Whewww" when Prof Cheong announced that he will try to hold the quiz on week 7..which gives us the whole recess week to prepare for (assuming not too much time lost on resting etc etc.). Though there are two tech set ups, two lab projects, one practical exam, two long meetings, one powerpoint presentation to keep me "entertained" this week. Some other people might have worse ones, but for somebody like me who have trouble focusing, it's enough to kill.

I feel like ranting about concert now.

This year's concert is so un-concert! Except for dance practices and maybe cast (I haven't heard anything about those) practice a lot of things are somewhat done in private. Costumers settle their costumes quietly - unlike last year when you can see them working every night. Sets apparently only need to prepare the props - again, unlike last year. Off-stage departments have been silently working as usual. Even tech - I am yet to organize a first meeting...only got to send them a formal welcome email and get them to read the script a bit. Suppose to have one before recess week and I still hope it happens. Only thing is, I AM STILL IN THE DARK. I have no idea what the directors want and at this rate if i don't go after them, they will settle it with the EMCC person themselves.

Probably its my fault for not initiating discussions but I can't help but feel wasted. There is a meeting with the EMCC people this week and at this rate I am going to be a flowerpot there (i.e for deco puposes) because we don't bother communicating with each other. I am not the producer, but was thinking maybe if all department heads have regular meetings together we could at least know what is going on elsewhere lor. Like if the director wants to know anything can always bring up during meeting lor. Sigh.

Coupled with the fact that I haven't exactly been very helpful in my group projects..felt quite bad. I know where my priorities lie. But I just got carried away. For instance, a (I realize this after I came back) very unnecessary trip to Suntec for COMEX 2009 since I know the brochures and flyers will be uploaded soon anyway, and I could have spent those few hours helping out with what they are doing. And the worse thing is, I am still unable to decide if I should get my new laptop or wait.

Rawr. I am hoping I can somehow skip this week altogether.

Labels: , , , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older