The City That Never Sleeps




Cornered

posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009
Yep, my tweets were intriguing all right.

I think for some unknown reason my brain isnt working very well at the moment. For instance, I randomly decided to go to the Science Library just now to borrow the forensic textbook from the RBR section...I wanted to borrow overnight..but I can only do it after 2.30pm. So I sat in the library and read my notes and online forum until2.30pm. Then I realized I duno why I want to borrow the book overnight. To photocopy? No, I am thinking of buying the book first hand. To read? I doubt that it will work.

So, I ended up having to go back to Science Library early tmr to return the book. :S Oh, and did I mention, while waiting at the bus stop I realized I dont know where the Science Library is. I ended up in the Department of Pharmacy. And after a little bit of walking I found the directions and I realized I know where the library is all the time..just that I somehow forgot about it.

I had no idea why the past few days have been so hectic. And its only week 1 for goodness sake. Probably because mum came but I dont mind that, not at all. :)

I probably need a longer break, which, I think, is sort of a luxury now. Because I have 5 modules, 3 projects, and not to mention 5 hall activities unless I decided not to join tennis.

Yep, 5 activities (although I completed one already). I have been expecting the 5th to come knocking for quite some time, and I have been trying to avoid it a bit, but finally I got cornered proper last night.

Calvin the concert producer called me last night when I was on my way back after a day of shopping with mum and her friends, says he wanted to talk to me about sth. No surprise, coz concert sign-ups this year has been pathetically small and there are zero sign ups for tech, which is in fact lacking a head still.

So on my way back my head is filled with ideas on how to reject him or at least try to reduce my workload. Though, i think, I cant escape.

"Try to make him join Phoenix...tell him you wont work for him unless he works for you." Yi Shiean suggested after I ranted a bit to her during Phoenix meeting. Apparently that is the culture in hall now.

In the end, the conversation ended up as:

Calvin: There is seriously nobody else I can find to take up the job le..
Me: Okay, if i am taking up the job i need somebody to help me coz I cant do it alone..etc etc

I practically gave in without much fight. :S

I think I kind of accepted the job because I felt that it's quite difficult on his part also, coz it is a difficult year for concert (sidetrack: I actually dont really support the idea of having concert this year but then....), and the fact that I was quite interested in the first place after concert last year. Then I ended up assuming I will go to Melb next sem and thus I will take 6 modules this sem and i will be super busy. The dream diminished, but I am no longer keen to take up the job either, and now I gave in partly because I remembered how I felt last year.

Yet, the more I think about it, the more I felt like backing out. Late night meetings. Discussions with the UCC people (whom, from my experience, can be quite intimidating). Lights is gonna be crazy this year coz there are quite a bit of dances (and most likely I am doing lights coz I did lights last year). Not to mention missing my forensic lecture (I will try not to). And so on.

But then, 5 minutes ago he called and asked me to come for a photoshoot session for commitee members tonight, and guess what, I agreed without much thought again.

*bangs my head on the wall*

I suppose I can only try to do my job properly, cross my fingers and hope everything goes well, and doesnt affect grades too much. I probably need to pull out of tennis, and I think this year is the only year in which I have a chance to play, coz next year freshmen will come in again and there wont be space for noobs like me..and there is a coach this year! I get to learn! Darn.

I need to work very very hard this semester. Shucks.

Labels: , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older