The City That Never Sleeps




Uncertainties

posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sigh, I know I am very busy now, I am still writing my part of my GEK group research paper..but I think I just need to blog about this a bit.

Went for Master's List interview just now. Supposed to be individual interview but the first two took quite some time and they realize they will overrun so they decided on a group interview instead.

It was a very informal one. Or rather, I think it is very much just a formality, after all even if you cant talk in an interview but they need you to be part of a committee or sport they will choose you. Heck most of the sports people din even bother submitting an application because I think all they need to do is just say "Hi, Sports Sec, I want to stay next year" and wait for a nod. Or maybe they dun even need to do that and probably the ppl will knock on their door everyday asking them to stay back in RH. I am being very frank here, coz that is exactly the situation now. The emphasis next year is on sports.

I told them what I intended to join next year. From the bottom of my heart. Tech need me next year and I would want to join back Phoenix too and I don't think they will object. I am already in Float. I am going to try for Choir too, and so happened the incoming JCRC president who was conducting interviews is the Choir chairperson this year and he probably thought I said that to impress him.

I would have told them I am a 53-pointer and asked for priority to stay back if it was a personal interview..but I held back coz I din wan the other 3 to hear it. I duno, but it makes perfect sense to me that I should get to stay back if i get exactly the amount of points needed and I was left out because of random selection.

At the end of the interview, they say they cannot tell us exactly when they will tell us the results, and can drag until during vacation. Which is kind of bad because I need to know if I can get to stay back otherwise I wouldnt even come back for float! Problem is I cant exactly tell them that explicitly either.

Haih. Politics. Uncertainties. I dislike both of them.

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older