|
Recess Week!
posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009
Super slacking week. Sad. It shouldnt be this way, I reli duno how it turned out this way, given that I have a timetable set nicely in front of my comp.
The only things I have read on are not related to my two midterms. :S Wait, maybe that is the reason why I am slacking - I have 2 midterms, which is less compared to the horrible 5 last sem. Whee~~duno what else to talk about. Let's talk about the tennis Intro Course I attended for the past 3 days. At first was debating whether I should go for it..by the time I decided it was too late because there are no more slots. But suddenly somebody pulled out and I was offered the place so I grabbed the chance to learn something that I always wanted to learn. Too bad the weather wasn't helping much. The course was from2-5pm, Monday to Wednesday. And it started raining at 2pm on Monday. Aargh. So under the roofs of the grandstand of the SRC, the 72-year old coach taught us the most basic skill - the grips and the correct way to hit forehands and backhands. And after the rain stopped we get to hit a few balls on the courts - and basically that is the end of Day 1. Was feeling emo by the end of the day coz other people come in gangs or at least a friend so they hanged out together. I was quite alone despite my feeble attempts to talk to people :( Weather forecast predicted "showers with thunder in the afternoon" for 3 days in Singapore. What a perfect timing. So it was no surprise when despite bright skies in the morning, the clouds appeared out of no where by noon. The coach managed to start on volleys and then the rain drops started falling. The coach didn't want to stop, we didn't want to stop either. We ended up learning for 3 hours in the rain. :S Volleying, and trying to improve on forehands and backhands. Thank god it was just drizzling all the way (no heavy showers). Thought it will rain for the third day but instead in complete contrast we played under the scorching sun for 3 hours. -_-!!! Learnt smash and serve. Whee!! My serves finally make it to the service boxes :) But need more practice. A lot more. Was just thinking if I should be more active in the Tennis Interest Group. If yes, then I think I would need to invest in a tennis racket. That would make 6 modules + 3 hall activities + another external activity (which is not an official CCA yet). Sigh. And the bad thing is I am being targetted for Concert Central Committee next year, which I sort of don't mind doing! But 6 modules next sem!! Sigh...choices. Damn sienz. |