The City That Never Sleeps




Melbourne

posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009
Okay, so this holiday I stepped out of the Asian continent for the first time in my life and visited Melbourne! Well travelling takes time and in the end the one week trip diminished to 5 days. There wasnt any direct flight from Brunei to Melbourne so had to transit at KL. And since the flight from KL was on Monday 9.30pm, we ended up reaching Melbourne at around 7++ the next morning, Melbourne time. So that was one day gone :(

7 hours ++ was the longest flight I have ever taken (and I am hoping this record will be re-written eventually) so I kind of suaku-suaku duno wat to do on board though I planned to sleep but it seemed like wasting time so I ended up watching movies. Finding Nemo to be exact. *sweat* and some random TV programs before finally attempting to sleep (its in the middle of the night oledi lor). Did manage to get a couple of hours of sleep before waking up for breakfast. Oh well.

Melbourne Airport was smaller and less glam than I imagined it to be. Seriously. Maybe coz it is not exactly the capital city..nor the biggest city..that would be Sydney? But anyway, was kind of irritated by the number of customs we had to go through, since Australia have strict rules on the products you bring in, no dairy products I think? Or any food that has egg as an ingredient. They seriously check the ingredients in the packaging one.

Eventually got out safely even though I was stopped to be "interviewed" by an immigrations officer after the checkpoint. Duno for wat. Sis was there to pick us up and brought us out for lunch after a long journey to Clayton town, which is a suburban area in Melbourne. The rest of the day was spent sleeping and shopping though I didnt buy anything. Wasnt in the mood, was so tired :(

Went to Phillip Island the next day. Sis rented a car in the morning and bought a GPS device (which, if taken care of properly can be refunded in FULL. Whee!) and the little toy guided us all the way for over around 200km of journey. Let the pictures do the talking.

On the way to Phillip Island - in a rented car.

"Moo! Why are u taking my picture??"

This was inside the Phillip Island Chocolate Factory.

Kangaroos!! Can only take picture from outside the fence since the wildlife park is closed.

View from the Nobbies.

Lots of seagulls at the Nobbies.

The Penguin Parade place. No pictures can be taken in there so..


Penguins were cute. They were supposedly the smallest breed of penguins, only 30cm tall. Waiting for them to come up is absolutely torturing, since although it is summer the temperature is rather low and the sea breeze is totally freezing. Few will swim up first, to check for any signs of danger, then swim back, then repeat a few times before a few thousands of them start parading back to their homes on shore.
Quote of that day: "Be sure to check under your cars for lost penguins before you leave..they do get under your cars."
Rite..continue next time.

Labels: , , ,

| 1 comments

Newer›  ‹Older