The City That Never Sleeps




Break, breaking, broke.

posted : Monday, September 22, 2008
Nope, don't worry, I am not broke. Neither am I breaking (cracking)...yet.

During the holidays I was somewhat wishing school to start soon. Now I am wishing I can have that life back but not too much for it. Yea, I noe. I am hard to please.

Time really flies. Suddenly we find ourselves having holidays again. Non-relaxing holidays.

And it is really quite sucky when you have 5 midterms to study for. Suddenly I find myself trying to remember during exam seasons, how I used to be able to study for 8 or 9 subjects in secondary school with relative ease, how I struggled but still managed to study for 5 subjects in JC, and now wondering if I am ever going to finish studying for 5 modules in one week.

Hall activities are not helping at all. At least in JC you can generally stay away from CCAs during exam seasons. Now you don't get the privilege.

I was just gleefully saying that my activities were somehow slacking when I got to know that I have to do research for Hall 50th anniversary commemorative book(I am a writer. Surprised?) and that lighting plans for concert have to be out by end of the month (which is basically during mid-terms = need to work some more during hols).

Slap my big mouth.

One more thing is that lessons continues despite midterms are taking place. And tutors don't exactly give you less work just because you are having midterms. So that is one more thing to do.

Sigh.

Fine let's not talk about depressing stuff.

Oh yea..as I promised in the last post I will complain abt sth so here it is:

I COULDNT GET IN RH TENNIS TEAM IN THE END.

So much for "dun need to know how to play in order to join, we will teach you."

"One good thing about RH is that we provide you with a platform to learn new things. Other halls want good sportsmen to join sports team so that we can win IHG. We welcome everybody because we believe in giving a chance to everybody. That is why we never win much in IHG, you see."

"Even if you can't get into the team, you are welcomed to apply for overload."

What beautiful lies! Did they really consider my overload application? Only one guy was successful in the overload application and that is because he can play.

From what I see, quite a number of people can't really get into the committees they favour. Quoting from a RHesident's blog, she is just doing something she is GOOD at in the end. Not something she WANT.

I do understand why they have to do this. If not everybody will rush to join the popular activities and those poor committees which provides free service (hard work) such as tech will be left wif nobody. Some sports will have to eliminate people who cannot play as well. Not everybody will be happy.

I complain only because I seriously felt cheated by the tennis captain who was telling us quite confidently that as long as we rank tennis high enough, we will get in. EVEN WHEN WE DUNO HOW TO PLAY.

In the end he must have ranked me super duper low, so low that I got in Phoenix, who told me they are not gonna rank me high since I told them I plan to use it as an overload application during my interview.

(If you dun understand its ok, the whole point is that I was kind of pissed off because I felt cheated.)

Guess I can always join them for trainings..hopefully I can learn something that way. I really*1000 wanted to learn.

End of complaining session.

Labels: , , ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older