|
Fish
posted : Saturday, June 29, 2024
Couple months on and I suddenly remembered I haven’t talked about this, at all.
So this was concert number 3 and 4, this year alone. I think I maybe attended 3-4 concerts my whole life previously so this was some sort of record, post-COVID revenge style. I am not sure why but I didn’t entirely believe in spending money on concerts last time, and to be honest the artists themselves were also on this revenge tour of sorts too coz well, it’s good money. Which means opportunity to attend concerts is higher. And yes, I did say 3 AND 4. Because I ended up attending twice LOL. I didn’t have high expectations going in, in fact I was totally expecting her to butcher a song or two. As it turns out she was pretty okay, I think not really the best vocals wise because she maybe spent too much time being emotional and crying. But I think she was very smart with the setlist - she knew what sort of crowd she was bringing in, those of our age in search of nostalgia so she duly delivered all her hits from the past, and only limited herself to a couple of songs from her new album which not many are familiar with. And with the correct partner in crime - Boss Su - we went into a full on 3 hour karaoke mode. All my favourites were in, so engrossed that I almost didn’t notice the somewhat lacking vocals and only when I watched back the videos I took then it dawned on me hahaha. But it’s ok, the atmosphere was one to remember. Think this was taken by Boss Su We had very good views, Cat 1 yo. One with Boss Su So much so that on the way home, I started googling for ticket availability for her KL concert 3 weeks later, air tickets, and I didn’t stop at my own, I checked BWN-KUL tickets and somehow managed to get Stel on board too hahahah. That and KahSiong who had to give the SG concert a miss coz of other familial commitments, waited a bit while Stel finalized her work commitments while anxiously watching her air ticket prices go up, then all of a sudden a second KL trip of the year is on! And to think when KH asked me to come along for the KL one previously I flatly said no coz I didn’t think I would attend the same concert twice lolol. So the KL concert I went in knowing what to expect, she repeated most of her SG setlist but swapped out a couple of songs and added a couple in the encore segment, vocals wise I think she held it together better this time round too (less crying). Our seats were less ideal than the SG one coz we bought late and I wasn’t prepared to splurge that much anyway, intention was to sit down and listen rather than spending energy on something else like filming so that was what I did. Take two, zoom like 9x or something. Heart was full from these two concerts! Not sure if I will end up with more this year. Hahaha. |