The City That Never Sleeps




34

posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023
To be honest these days birthdays are less about milestones but more about an excuse to treat myself well.  

Not that I haven’t been treating myself well usually, but it’s like…a reason to go a bit overboard on this day? Haha. And I do my yearly reflections at the end of the year anyway. 

And ever since I turned 30 I do feel like every year is the same now. Like it would be great if I can achieve xxx by xxx years old, but no pressure and if it comes, it comes. So in that sense there’s less of a panic when the birthday rolls by and you grow one year older. Though of course it’s nice to have. 

(My mother will be seething if she reads this lol) 

Anyway, got this brilliant idea to spend my birthday in the skies this year. I elaborated about this and the planning for it in the other posts, but gist is that I really enjoyed it and totally wouldn’t mind doing this again another time. Though actually I would classify the entire trip as the birthday present this year - to just get away from work a bit and recharge. It was also a pretty eye opening trip in a sense that I get to see Seoul in a different light and I enjoyed the experience. 

And I guess that’s about it? I basically spent the rest of the day recovering from my very early start to the day and a slightly fancier tapao dinner. Commiserating the fact that my holiday ended and starting to count down to the next one which is less than 100 days away haha. 

Till next year.

생일축하합니다!

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older