|
买菜记(5)之结账篇
posted : Sunday, September 05, 2021
Officially (actually, at which point is it official?) commencing on the home owning process. ******************* 15/6/21Off to the lawyer’s. Signed a bunch of documents and a bunch of cheques. Lawyer went through the basics, nothing that I don’t already know. Also went through the OTP, reminding me that this is purchased as vacant possession meaning other than fixtures, I should be careful to agree with owner on what should stay and what should be taken away. To which, i think I sort of worked it out with agent already? Basically the only thing they will leave behind is probably the curtains, there’s nothing else that is not a fixture per se (lawyer mentioned fridge may not count as one depending on how it is fixed, but I don’t think the current owners will be that low la). Moving on to finances, issued cheques for the remaining 4% booking fee, the BSD and lawyers fee. Come to think of it there’s no official receipt from the lawyer ah. Other than a photocopy of the cheque I made. And informing lawyer that I will use 90k of my CPF OA, and will not be using CPF to repay monthly mortgage. Among the documents signed include mortgaging the property itself to bank, authorization to use CPF, and so on. I don’t know if I am being too careless by not reading in detail and even keeping a copy of what I signed. Last bit is where lawyer told me that I can use their services if I want to request to check the house’s condition after owners moved out. Which, she also suggest it would be best if I don’t, if can settle privately with the owner/agent. I guess I also thought so, though at the back of my mind I was like if I don’t get you to do more why am I paying so much lol. At any rate if nothing goes wrong (since I found out too late that I should have worked in a clause in the OTP to at least get the owner to be accountable for the conditions to be the same as the time of viewing), the only reason why I want to go there is to take measurements and hopefully they accede to it or move out early enough so that I have free reign. And that’s about it. Lawyer will handle everything else, and in October a couple of weeks before completion date they will give a set of instructions on the rest of the down payment, property tax etc - will need to purchase a cashiers order because amount is too big for cheque. I forgot to ask on CPF drawdown though, it needs to come in before I make this payment (though I did a bit of math, will still have enough even if it doesn’t but it would be cutting it close). And on completion date - come down to lawyers office at around 5/6pm (not sure why so specific? She said it usually happens in the evening) to collect keys. So no action on my part needed at all. Lol is this very straight forward or am I simplifying things, I don’t know. Guess I can move on to furniture research which has started actually. Lots of sales going on now but can’t buy that early, and I need to plan around actually. Exciting times. |