|
Silver jubilee
posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014
So this year, I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my existence lol.
As per last year, took leave on my big day. Because it's just weird to be working on your birthday, that's the culture in my office. Quite true also. I don't deserve any spoilt bratscustomers on my birthday. Or weird mood swings of superior(s) etc.
The strange thing is the entire week I was expecting to work very hard coz after all, I am taking one day off, and I took a day off the previous week too coz I went BKK. Turns out to be a relatively slack week so I guess that kind of is ak birthday gift too lol. Left on time on Thursday even (though that was because I needed to go phototherapy).
So Friday..slept in. When my landlady asked me I just told her I am clearing time off lol. Didn't feel like explaining heh. Plan, as I described to ML earlier, was to spend half a day sleeping, half a day shopping and the night with whoever asked me out for dinner hahaha. Ended up sticking to it closely. Headed out for brunch at La Ristrettos, was eyeing the cafe last year when I started a cafe hopping habit (which has since sort of discontinued) coz it's "hidden and quiet". However never got around to visiting it coz it's only open on weekdays, daytime. No chance of visiting, but finally had a workday off so thought I would head there.
Well hidden indeed.
Panini Cotoletta for lunch.
Kind of disappointed coz a bit of publicity meant that it is no longer quiet (though still pretty hidden, took a while to locate it). Just had lunch and left..not really ideal place to chill plus I had quite a bit to do anyway.
Went over to Orchard next. Wanted to get a new pair of shoes, specifically something from DC Shoes but couldn't really find anything I like. Next up is to travel all the way to Expo for PC Show! Earlier in May I was thinking of what to get myself as a birthday present and I thought maybe a new comp is a good idea..then as if on cue my Toshiba broke down😂. Half heatedly tried to get it fixed, repair shop person said it may cost up to 300 so gave up without much thought. Had been surviving on iPad alone for almost a month coz was waiting for PC Show. Coincidentally my sister wanted to get a new one too (hers broke down few years ago and she has been using home PC) so I was to get one on her behalf also.
Spent quite some time browsing for deals. Didn't want to overspend coz I hardly use computer these days, it's not like during uni when I had to depend on it. And wanted to try a new brand after stints with Fujitsu and Toshiba. Originally was considering Acer..coz it's cheapest lol. But spotted other brands with similar pricing and specs and immediately cast Acer aside, still wasn't very confident in its reliability. Ended up picking a HP for $799, thought it was quite a good deal. My sister's was a lot easier coz she already had a brand and model in mind anyway so I didn't have to hunt. Then lugged the two computers back home urgh.
Was due to meet Stel for dinner. Initially the plan was to go to Silver Shell Cafe at Rasa Sentosa on Thursday but she had to cancel coz she had a late night telemeeting. So switch to Friday (which I actually preferred) at "somewhere promising" which she will reveal nearer to our meeting -.- I was then told to meet at Asia Square. To give the whole thing a more surprise tone I decided not to research on what is available at Asia Square lol but rushed home, quick shower and head out again. She then told me she is stuck at work and may be late..but still ended up reaching earlier than me. We headed to Imperial Treasure Super Peking Duck Restaurant and she was like, "oh, I had a voucher to use" (and I bought the story wholeheartedly).
So we went in, she skipped the advances of a waiter and walk straight in (?) and another waiter was like "in there" (??), I followed and sure enough..there's KH sitting armed with a camera and a small cake hahahah. Should have known!
KH was here for a concert and coincidentally it was my birthday..so Stel had to cancel our earlier plans (coz KH only bought air tickets a couple of days ago). The telemeeting was real even though Stel said her presence wasn't really required and she had planned to skip it..then the last minute "stuck at work" plot was actually coz KH got delayed and she had to stall me lol. Restaurant was KH's choice also and coz it wasn't Stel's style at all...she couldn't tell me early and had to made up the voucher story. Ahahaha.
Settled down, blew out candles and the chef began on the Peking Duck demo. Easily the best duck I have had, rest of the food was good (minus the whole Soon Hock hooha which was too long to elaborate), company even better haha.
The awesome duck.
Home made tofu dish with spinach, also very yummy. Skipped the fish, too shocked to take pics.
The people who celebrated for me :)
Then went for late night movie at Cathay, watched Maleficent. Pretty good. And rounded off the day with a stroll to KH's hotel room to hang out, ended up catching another movie on the rooms's on demand movie selection, and left at 2-ish lol.
Birthday this year feels like a birth-weekend coz of KH presence lol. Was to meet the two of them the next day. But i shall save that for the next post coz it deserves one on its own. All in all, I started with just a simple intention of making this day a bit different from my regular days, and I was very glad that it was a memorable one =)
Labels: food, milestones |