|
Grad Trip: The end!
posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012
Day 11: Conclusion to a memorable trip
Flight was 3.45pm in the afternoon...we were to take High Speed Rail from Taichung to Taoyuan directly and bought the tickets earlier to qualify for early bird discount haha. Bought tickets for the 11am train..and had to take train (low speed rail? haha) to the HSR station...then HSR to Taoyuan, then catch a connecting bus to the airport. Another full day of travelling ahead! First HSR experience...suaku me tot it is so high speed that everything outside will be blurred out =.= Come to think of it that is impossible lol. But it did cut a 2.5 hour journey by normal train to a mere 35 minutes. Saves quite a bit of time at a manageable cost...cant imagine if we were to take 2.5 hour train ride at this point in our trip :S.
Still munching on breakfast as we waited for train to HSR station.
HSR Tickets, got an early bird discount.
HSR platform.
Trying to finish up the entire bottle of soap.
The train.
On board!
Snacks bought the night before from 中友.
Destination: Taoyuan.
Milk tea flavoured ice cream....essentially the milk part at one side and the tea part at the other side =.=
Last meal in Taiwan...airport food court.
Checking in....
Bye Taiwan!! Will be back, some day!
Back in KL...:(
Reached KL at around 8-ish...and let the emo-ness begin! Pretty much still talking about our trip that just ended...and Val was a bit emo about her nursing license exam results too. Quick dinner in LCCT, then bus-train-cab to Val's place. KH was supposed to sleep over at another friend's place but ended up joining us instead...flight to Sg was on the next day, the girls and KH stayed on in KL for a couple more days.. Slept in again, and after a quick lunch in a nearby shopping centre I left for LCCT..and it's the real end of the most memorable trip...something I am glad we made possible, as there was a point when I thought it will not happen. I admit that my expectations of the trip was set too high, something I have always cautioned myself against but as usual, the heart defeats the mind. So when certain things didnt go as planned..i am easily disappointed. Lost myself sometimes and forget all about the point of the trip, but I think I righted the ship in time though can never reverse some of the damages done. But all in all...many lessons learnt, many memories created, and hopefully we will get another shot at this! :) And that concludes the final post of the Taiwan trip series...couple more backdated posts to come! Labels: taiwan |