The City That Never Sleeps




Hello Mars

posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012
Mars means March in French, by the way.

So not very long after my last post..I got a job offer. My first job offer in my life!

Yep, a new milestone in my life. It happened over dinner when I least expect it (sad life of the HR staff...still working at 6pm?) and my mind didnt process it properly. So she explained stuff like the basic salary, bonus and what kind of perks I will be getting should I accept the offer. And i automatically told her I need time to consider.

The offer didnt excite me because it was for a job I wasnt very keen on in the first place. Part of me really want to accept the offer and yay job hunting is over. Maybe I would be able to transfer to another dept after some time. The other half just kept reminding me of all the things I am not looking for in a job.

Then the next day...Traffic Management Unit called me up for interview, the first position which is actually one of my interests. It sort of helped me make a decision regarding the offer, even though I had difficulty taking that step of officially rejecting the offer. Eventually asked if i could delay my response to them, to which I am told I can't. Didnt reject on the spot, but the decision is more or less there already, was just a matter of informing them formally. Was supposed to call on Fri, but was quite busy and the only free time I have, she wasnt at her desk. Same thing happened on Monday. I sort of pushed it to the back of my mind too coz she didnt call me back to chase anyway.

So came the interview, and it was the first one I thought I didnt do well. Lasts 40 minutes, a bit technical, and got asked the same question a few times which is a bad sign because it meant i didnt answer it well enough. Still, when the HR lady finally called Tuesday I bravely rejected the offer...turns out she changed her mind too and said she will KIV the offer while checking with the relevant depts (something that Traffic Mgmt Unit said they will do too, to check with the HR side). Conclusion: hanging on a thread now.

Was just thinking I should maybe settle this lt@ series of interviews first before starting to apply for other companies..down for an interview on Friday, one of the consultant companies I passed my resume to during Career Fair. See how..

*********************

Got a bit emo while doing FYP last week...the fondness for the topic is nearly sub-zero now as compared to during interim presentation. Was much happier studying for my triple tests for the other 3 mods. French oral was kind of fun in a way, even though I forgot some phrases and didnt make a long enough conversations. Accounting midterm, um, finished the paper with 1 hour to spare and left early...first time in uni! Feels good :) Having prior accounting knowledge only helps with the speed imo, I am sure the lecturer did a good job teaching and everybody have the necessary knowledge for the test so it's fair.

Attended job interview clinic last week too, didnt read email properly and didnt know it will be carried out in a mock interview format (where 4 people volunteered as interviewee and the rest will be interviewers), tot the mock interview was a separate session. Hence missed the line that states "Proper attire is expected". Paiseh to the max and the facilitator doesnt look impressed. Sigh. Did manage to take something out of it though, even though didnt really apply it for my next interview.

And then there was volunteering for OCBC Cycle..got quite a bit to say about that and just the idea of volunteering in general...what it means for most people. Shall leave it for next time. All in all, another new experience, and I do hope to be back next year....as a competitor. Hehehehehe.

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older