|
15 days of CNY
posted : Friday, February 10, 2012
Was a good break, even though its just two weeks into the new semester. Did all I wanted to do during CNY, ate all I wanted, and went everywhere I wanted. :)
Totally not sure when is the next time I will be back...which made me emo a bit the night I came back. Hopefully I will have my job secured and accommodation settled by end of May..then maybe I can sneak in a couple of weeks at home.. Came back to a number of makeup classes, including back-to-back HR classes. Sandwiched in between, unfortunately, is NUS Career Fair which I only had less than two hours to visit the booths I am interested in. Hastily got my resume fixed and dropped off a few at the fair...but there is a lot more to be done...a lot more. Need to start sending emails, doing up cover letters etc. That's like a module on its own already. And there is FYP..blissfully ignored it during the entire 15 days of CNY, only to, as usual, regret afterwards and barely survived a meeting with prof today. 3 months left....gotta really start chionging already... And Taiwan Grad Trip is finally happening! Got tickets booked last weekend, and I am pretty excited already. It started off as a wild idea, maybe two years back, because all five of us have sort of different schedules and possibility of scheduling conflicts is pretty high...and frankly speaking it wasnt a Grad Trip for KH coz he isnt graduating at the same time as us, an additional semester for his double degree and he had to fly back to Asia for the trip...but somehow, the dates got closer, talks about it got serious, suddenly there is a free period and we went for it! It's indeed the only time period we can travel, Val having her nurse licensing exam right before it and San having her convo right after it, and KH wont be back from Europe in May. Excited because as close as we are, we have never traveled together or go for a vacation together, not even a road trip to Miri or something. Itinerary planning to begin soon! Okay the post feels a bit too fragmented, partly because I actually started writing it like a week ago and got distracted..had HR presentation this week too. Speaking of which the past two HR classes are actually rather bearable..to my surprise. Accounting seems pretty familiar so far, French is still fun despite it getting harder..I still can't phrase questions properly even though I am picking up more vocab. Finally got pressured enough to visit UHC doctor tomorrow for a recommendation letter and possibly visiting specialist next week. I duno..I supposed I just want to know if there is anything i can do to force a remission period or just at the very least, prevent new patches from appearing. Shall see how.\\ Oh and guess who's back...armed with a new motherboard and hard disk...good as new. |