|
Wrapping up the semester
posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011
This should have been up last week...but yea, was away :)
Without doubt the quietest semester so far....a lot more time to spend alone. Only one lecture buddy most of the time and 2-3 dinner buddies most of the time. Oh well. I blame my lousy socializing skills for this. In terms of work..as usual, grand plans before the semester started that never really happened in the end. Had been dreading the two structural mods since last year and they lived up to my expectations, no thanks to the prof...dont think there is anybody in the lect who even liked him. Blegh. The textbook saved one question in the finals for the RC paper, smoked through two other questions..wonder how it will turn out. Structural Analysis finals was much better, largely due to the relatively easier part 2. Felt the same way abt Geotech paper as my two previous soil mods - dun reli understand fully wat is going on but finished the paper anyway. And the TE paper, thanks to the new inexperienced lecturer, was largely doable. That brings us to the last two mods - my two S/U-able mods. Forensic was tough from the beginning, because there is simply too many technical things to memorize. After three years of not touching chem, organic chem structures are a nightmare and i wasnt expecting them to expect us to know the structure, only memorized the reagents. Similar case for SSD. To top it up, I FELL SICK. First time I fell sick during exams and it reli distracts me (and other ppl in the exam hall) during the paper..everytime I try to concentrate, remembering the stuff I read, *sneeze* and I lost the train of thought. Horrible really. Thank god it miraculously only lasted throughout the two exams and recovered fast enough to feel comfortable for the next paper. Had a marathon exam schedule again, and I am not so sure I survived it this time. Sigh. But that brought an end to Year 3! FYP, Design Project, HR and 4 more TE/UE mods to clear next year...eeps exciting? Unsuccessful VIP application..sigh I think NUS hates me. Made a number of applications via other methods and only got called for one interview by Singapore Tourism Board, got rejected in the end. Got ignored by all the other companies. Some companies started recruiting really late and I sent in three applications while in HK (one of them called me within 10min after I sent the email application :S). Got a call by one of them today and after a really short phone "interview"/briefing...I GOT MY JOB. Almost cant believe how smoothly it went considering that I never really had this kind of luck for most of the things I applied after Form 5. Interning under A3C0M Transportation Team (! Just what I was looking for!). Sort of looking forward to work now....tho the feeling will probably only last for abt a week lol. Last thing to settle - all the Phoenix magazine and the backlogged event reporting articles. Hall phantom next year? Next up: Hong Kong/Macau trip report! |