|
My new toy.
posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Anyway, to follow up on the previous post.
Last Sunday..the last day of the PC Show, I made my way there for a second time coz I was immensely interested in Singtel's deals. My contract will be expiring at the end of July and I am already eligible to re-contract. Add on to the fact that my N81 8GB which have served me faithfully for two years (It never died on me, at least) is quite sadly in a miserable shape now even though I wanted it to last for four years. (I guess my sweaty hands did most of the damage). Hence I have been visiting Singtel Shop website quite frequently this hols trying to find a phone that I will like. Most of the phone these days are touchscreen. If not, they are the big, fat ones like the E series (I am a loyal Nokia user). I was even willing to pay up to $200 given that my last phone costed that much. That was before I went to PC Show. "Earth shattering deals", as they call it, drew me back there for a second time and I got a queue number, supposedly to ask more about recontracting but the lady there treated me as if I have already made up my mind and did the procedures for me in a flash. She sort of made up my mind for me. And I thought I was doomed coz I ended up choosing the $0 model which I didnt read up too much on and walked away without paying a single cent. After exploring it a bit...turned out that I am very pleased with my new phone :D My cheapest and best phone yet! Introducing Nokia 5800 XpressMusic! It comes with a free Nokia Mini Speaker MD-9! I obviously cant take a picture of my phone using...my phone. So this pic is stolen :D Anyway, it comes with a mobile holder and the handphone-deco-thingy-i-forgot-what-it-is-called as well. Not to mention charger, connectivity cable, headphones etc etc. Some of the highlights of the specs:
Anyway skip those if you are not too interested with the details...I am not too either, just for the sake of making this post look a bit like this one two years ago. Touchscreen input takes a bit of time to get used to, but luckily there is a pen for me to use. No glossy surfaces, thank god, and only stainless steel and plastic (?) frames without paint so it suits me well I think! Yayness! And the coolest thing is that it is one of the few models that offer "Navigation on your Nokia phone. For Free. Forever" a.k.a GPS. Tested it out on float supper on the back of a truck and it worked well! Wow! Hahah sound like a suaku and cant help feeling excited about it though I know with the rate technology is progressing these features would be outdated soon anyway. Aiya who cares. I'm loving it! Labels: techno |