|
Modules
posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Something random that pop up in my mind in the middle of lecture: (yes i am in lecture now. :p but lecturer gave a break.)
Modules i am taking this semester (favourite to least favourite):- 1) CS1101C-Programming Methodology I was a bit surprised when i ranked this first. Lecturer is good, but lectures do little to help, as we tend to learn more through self-exploration. High level of satisfaction when manage to solve a problem. :) 2) MA1505-Maths I. What to say about this? Its just...maths lo. The lecturer is, let's say, nt really techno-savvy because he uses transparencies and OHP all the time. And he is so monotonous even when he is telling a 'joke'. Nevertheless the subject is still ok. 3) MLE1101-Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering. This is ranked 3rd instead of 2nd because of the lecturer who has heavy accent and thinks that just because he is using a mic, he can speak as soft as he wants. What a very wrong idea. Thus it is difficult to catch what he is lecturing about and hence even though i liked the subject (it has quite a lot to do with chem) it is only ranked third because I have difficulty understanding what he teaches. 4) PC1431-Physics IE Basically it is just physics for engineers. At the early stage it involves mainly rehashing of concepts taught in JC but presented in a more complicated but 'formal' style. I get a feeling that it will get worse soon because, unfortunately, physics was never my favourite subject. 5) EG1108-Electrical Engineering If there is one part of physics which I am worse at, unfortunately this is the branch. I mean, I understand what the lecturer is saying (barely, since he is almost as good as the MLE one), I have difficulty applying them. What to do? Practise more lor. Hopefully I can survive all of them. Labels: NUS |