The City That Never Sleeps




Nokia N81

posted : Friday, July 18, 2008
This is my latest target phone after I decided that Nokia N95 is too expensive. Though I still like it a lot.


Nokia N81, original version (not the 8GB one). I want to get the cobalt blue one.
It basically has all the features I want (I will just list the features I am looking for):
  • Operating system: Symbian OS ver. 9.2
  • User interface: S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack (S60 3.1)
  • Dedicated media keys for quick and easy access to music and video: play/pause, forward, rewind, stop
  • WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support
  • Bluetooth Specification 2.0
  • Micro USB 2.0 Full Speed (mass storage class)
  • Nokia AV Connector 3.5 mm (can also be used with standard 3.5 mm headphones)
  • Up to 2 megapixel (1600 x 1200 pixels) camera, MPEG-4 QVGA video capture of up to 15fps (okay, this may not be exactly very good but good enough for me i guess..I dun camwhore a lot. =P)
  • Zoom: digital up to 20x
  • Nokia Nseries digital music playersupports MP3 (VBR), AAC, eAAC+, AAC+, WMA/M4A, WAV
  • Synchronize music with Windows Media Player 11 (okay, maybe not as cool as iPod and iTunes)
  • FM Radio with Visual Radio support
  • Full-screen video playback on the device to view downloaded, streamed or recorded video clips
Full specifications can be found here.

And the good news is: I can get it for $198, $148 if I sign up by 25 July 2008, for a SingTel postpaid plan, since there is a promotion for students. (Sam, probably I have to ditch you all. Hehe)

Hmm..am I considered to be splurging? Hopefully not.

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older