The City That Never Sleeps




Driving: The Exam

posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Woke up at 6am for the first time in 5 months. Lol. Then head over to Limbang for last minute practice before the exam..Had 3 perfect rounds of slope practice (=p) and after registration procedures, sat down and waited for the exam to start.

There were 20+ people taking the exam today..Order of exam was not fixed and it was up to the examiners..watched people struggle at the slope but eventually passed, and there are a few who failed, and listened to people complaining about how Exam Car 1 was difficult to handle and so on. I was given Exam Car 2 and cleared the slope segment (the first segment) though it was a bit shaky, and the other two segments wasnt really a problem anymore...So passed the first part of the test.

Then went for the second part of the test, the road segment. Waited for almost an hour while listening to people who have completed the test telling stories of how their exam went..the first girl who did the road segment was frustratingly telling her friend that she felt like banging her head against the wall because she forgot to release the hand brake before starting the exam and actually went through the whole route without noticing it..and when she pulled over at the end of her exam she attempted to pull the handbrake only to realise what happen and the examiner was sarcastically telling her "Kamu tak payah tarik handbrake lah, kamu memang tidak release-nya tadi." I think she failed in the end.

Fortunately, my turn (if not I might need to wait until 2pm or so) came soon..and I got into the car, did everything properly and took off, taking care to maintain the speed at around 40km/h (I was told that was the maximum I can go) and so on. Passing mark was 16/20 and I got 17 in the end..passed narrowly. Got penalised for not adjusting the back mirror when I got into the car (which I did, just that my actions were not "big" and "fake" enough for him to notice), not checking whether the gear is free before starting the engine (wasnt my fault either, the person before me forgot to switch off the engine and I have to do it..when I restart the engine it was obviously still in free gear mode so I didnt check...) and also "kawalan steering"...(the examiner was asking me if I was nervous because I had the tendency to not drive in a straight line sometimes..sort of zig-zag..lol)

In the end, I passed! One more trip tomorrow to get my license made and I can officially and legally hit the roads!! =)

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older