The City That Never Sleeps




Round 2

posted : Monday, April 21, 2008
My interview timeslot today was supposed to be from 1.45pm to 2.00pm. In the end I had to wait until 2.15pm before I entered the meeting room because all the people before me spend quite some time inside.

Anyway...kind of din expect so many interviewers...there were 5 this time and the room was much bigger than last time...and the interviewers were kind of big shot people...Senior Vice President, Scholarship Head and I cant remember the rest... so there is a long meeting room table and 5 of them sat there facing me.

I think I did better than last time...maybe experience does help coz there were similar questions...like "why do you apply for chemical engineering?"..I try my best to tell them what I could but I think I still stumbled when they try to question me on the work of a chemical engineer...for some questions I do try giving entertaining answers but I guess that didnt kind of work out...One thing is that the interview is definitely shorter than the other shortlisted people...the 2 people in front of me went in for around 25minutes while mine lasted barely 15 minutes...can be good or bad, depends on how you want to interpret it.

Anyway there was this receptionist who was chatting with her fellow receptionist and since I was very free while waiting for my turn (I reach there at 1.20 pm btw)...I couldnt help but listen to what they were talking. Apparently she is a part time staff AND she is going for SembCorp Scholarship interview as well! Wow. She was telling her friend that she is going for the session tomorrow. She even holds the key to the meeting room serving as the interview room and is in charge of bringing us into the room. Haha...possible that she will get insider news? She will know who is the interviewer, and she probably know a lot about the company..that should be an advantage.

Sitting down and waiting for news now...if all didnt go well, I should be back home by Friday.

If all goes well...then I duno when I will go home.

Labels:

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older