The City That Never Sleeps




The Day

posted : Saturday, March 08, 2008
I will try to recall as much as possible what happened today.

I woke up early, well, not too early but still earlier than usual...spent the whole morning slacking around and, crapping with the friends who are around and so on, and as an attempt to ease the tense atmosphere around the house, Ryan brought out peanuts and we were all discussing about the event that is going to take place later in the afternoon...

We decided to leave the apartment after pK arrived and Lizzie came back from work...we changed, and some of them left earlier for lunch at school...we played some card games while waiting...and it was almost 1pm when we finally stepped out of the apartment. Took MRT to Toa Payoh, and then bus to school, but I couldnt help but starting to dread seeing my results. Zach, sitting next to me, was the opposite: calm and (by his looks) confident.

Reached SAJC at 2.05pm, we walked towards the cafe and met up the rest of my classmates outside the Popular Bookstore and Cafe...and we were immediately greeted with a series of bad news. Our CT, who had been sorting out our results, had seen most of them and dropped us some hints: somebody failed GP, not everybody get A for Maths (and therefore she was disappointed since she was our Maths tutor and expected everybody to get an A), somebody did well enough to receive the results from our principal's hands. Well, most of us freaked out, for failing GP means u have to retake all the subjects as u will not be given a certificate.

We were walking up and down and worrying about our results, which were rumoured to be bad as they had to be sent back to UK for moderation. We decided to go to the Hall to wait for the results, and saw some familiar faces on our way. The atmosphere in the Hall was tense, everybody seemed to have heard one rumour or another, most were catching up with their friends, trying to recognise the NS people, some (like me) were observing their CT's expressions for any signs of news, others (including me) were congratulating our teacher-mentor for the past two years for being pregnant. In the end at around 2.30pm, after a some attempts to get everybody settled, we were introduced to our new principal and the news was broken to us.

" (she said a lot of things but these are basically the main points) XX% have at least 2 H2 passes and pass in GP or KI, 161(i think) had at least 3 H2 distinctions, top 3 performing H2 subjects which did better than national average: History(57.6% dist), E.Lit (57.1% dist) and Physics (*screams*)(46.9%, i think)..top students, other straight A students, and special mention."

For more information, please visit http://www.standrewsjc.moe.edu.sg/.

Then she sent us to collect the results from our respective CTs. This is when a lot of people started congratulating each other or screaming either because they did very well or very bad...As i lined up, my heart was beating as fast as it can, and there is a sudden sense of terror that almost left me in tears. Finally, after what seems like eternity, my turn came and I greeted my teacher with my hands over my mouth:

"Hi Mrs Chan.."

"Why do u look like that? (Frowns)"

"I am very worried..."

She handed me some other documents such as my CCA records and testimonials, Project Work cert, then finally, the pink slip of paper.

I cannot describe how I felt when I read it. One simple word: Relief. It was like I am finally able to let go all the stress that accumulated since this morning and come to think of it, since two years ago. I do not need to repeat, my results are good enough to maybe secure me a place in the university of my choice, and maybe, if I am lucky, a scholarship. I called mum wif a shaky voice, called dad, messaged sis and some of my friends back in Brunei anxiously waiting for my live report. After the sense of relief got over, the sense of happiness took over and soon I was happily hugging Junyi who did slightly better than me and congratulating YanShan and the rest who did very well, finding out the results of other friends, looking for our tutors and thanking them as they congratulate us for our results, visiting some booths set up about further education. I was very happy, and satisfied with my results.

General Paper: C
H2 Chemistry: A
H2 Physics: A
H2 Mathematics: A
H1 Economics: A
H3 Chemistry: Pass

Went out with classmates for a very late lunch, which I didnt had earlier because I simply didnt have the appetite. After that, went out with the rest of the scholars for dinner and reunion. And its basically smiling faces all around.

To end off, a few paragraphs from Lynn's blog:

To end, I would like to say that 06S03 rocks! =) Here's 3 reasons why:
1) Almost all of 06S03 except for 2, got an 'A' for Maths! (And Mrs Chan is still not happy cause we lost to S01! Lol)

2) Our class is top for Chem again! Ms Sunarfa was really happy and she hugged all of us. It was like record breaking as she said that she would not have been able to achieve 90% 'A's for Chem for any other classes. =)

3) Almost all who took Econs got an 'A' except for 2. Ms Hon was hugging us too lol. =)


It's finally over. Life continues.

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older